+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS Various 6SN7 Valves

I'm John.

Default FS Various 6SN7 Valves

I am offering for sale a small number of 6SN7 valves that I have been using in a Schiit Freya preamp which I have just sold.

PSVANE CV-181 Mk2 Premium Grade Matched Pair

These were my favourite and most expensive valves I tried in the Freya and when used in the gain stage they gave exceptional results when paired with either the Tung Sols, Electro Harmonix or Russian OTK’s. They were purchased new and unused last September and are boxed and complete with individual numbered test certificates. They are in superb condition.

These have an RRP of around £199.

Asking £100 plus postage.

Electro Harmonix SOLD

I have three of these Russian valves including one matched pair.

Asking £20 plus postage.

Russian 6H8C

These Russian valves have been a pleasant surprise for me sounding particularly good in my system when used as a quad or as a pair alongside the psvanes. According to research I have just conducted they are from the Novosibirsk city, were produced in 1978 and the OTK code indicates factory QC approved and the diamond pill marking indicates military approved.

Please note that in testing them yesterday I noticed that two of the glass envelopes were a slightly loose fit in the black ceramic bases, however, they appeared to function perfectly and sounded very good.

Asking £40 plus postage.

Please note that when originally using some of these valves in the Freya preamp I did occasionally experience some hum with certain valve combinations. In preparation for selling the Freya and these particular valves I did run them all again for a period of time and did not get any hum whatsoever this time. However, I am now using a Townshend Fractal interconnect between pre and power amps and should mention that Townshend claim that the Fractal interconnect will completely eliminate hum when used with valve equipment.

Please bear this in mind if you are considering any of these valves which are therefore being sold in good faith but with no guarantee.

Thanks

Any questions please ask.

Payment by PP F&F or BT please.

I'm Lawrence.

I bought some expensive NOS DHT valves a few years ago that had loose glass bottles. The advice from the seller (AskJan) was that a drop or two of superglue down the joint between the glass and base should sort it.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm John.

A bump for the Psvanes and OTK's.

In case it's not evident, the Psvanes are photographed sitting in their original padded box and there is also a separate box for the four OTK's.

I'm John.

Bump

I'm John.

Psvane valves now SOLD

Just the Russian 6H8C OTK valves remaining.

+ Reply to Thread