+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD: SME Series V arm

I'm Adam.

Default WTD: SME Series V arm

I think 36 years is long enough to have waited, and following a few events that make you realise life’s too short to hesitate sometimes, I’ve decided that it’s time I bought myself the arm I’ve always promised myself - an SME V.

I’d like an unmodified one that’s as original as possible - not too worried about age but it must be in excellent condition and complete with its box and all accessories.

So, lovely people, what have you got?!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Unique Audio might be worth a call. Really surprised you haven't had one before, I love mine for its look, sound and of course build quality.
    Paul.

I'm Adam.

Good point - I forgot about them; thanks! Email sent...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dan.

Try the former Canadian distributor. I believe he may still have new stock at really good prices.
    www.smetonearms.com

I'm Alan.

Good luck with your search Adam, I hope you find one at a good price, I paid £1500 new in the 90's, why are they now on sale for 8k!!!! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SME-Serie...8AAOSwTSlgSfkD I wish I had kept mine, just to make some money! I had it on a Gyrodec with an ortafon mc30 supreme, jeez they have gone up too, paid £300 for that. The trouble I had was every recording was laid out bare and I had to find the best audiophile pressings in the best version available, it was not a happy experience. My favourite genres were all shit recordings, it stopped me listening to my music. To be honest if you dont find one at a fair price I would stick with something like an RB300, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rega-rb30...oAAOSwR5lgRX6s this guy says he could end the auction early which as we know is code for I will take an offer to avoid paying fees, ask him where it is "advertised locally" Then use the money you have saved to take your loved ones on holiday when all the shit ends. I now have an old Pioneer deck with a cheap cartridge and I am so happy with the sound, knocks the socks off my squeezebox Touch and my modified SB receiver, I guess its that old saying, the more you open the window the more shit comes in......
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm Adam.

It’s OK, I do already have an SME 309 and, to be honest, that does about 80% of everything that a V does. I’ll be keeping the 309 as I’m sure I can find another deck to put it on...

It’s just that the V is something I’ve always promised myself and recent happenings in life have just made me think I’ve waited long enough.

I'm Alan.

I know what you mean, good luck finding one at an affordable price, I think its disgusting what some people are charging for them, I've seen them cheaper with a sme turntable included.
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm Gordon.

Have you been here: Vinyl Passion ?
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm Adam.

Mik is the man at Unique Audio for SME
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Carl.

PM sent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast