+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It was going to plan until...

I'm Pete.

just a note ...the spikes facilitate sound passing from speaker to floor or visa versa. Spikes couple !

I you want to prevent sound passing between speaker and floor via the stand you have to break the line of transmission ie decouple or isolate

these are superb and cost effective [though I was stung for import duty ..long and painful story]

https://avroomservice.com/evp-2/

Getting to within a gnats of a set of Townshend seismic bars.

I'm Martin.

I think the basic assumption here is wrong. The sound being transferred upstairs will be almost entirely airborne not structure-borne.

So move the speaker away from a room boundary (floor) by putting it on stands means it produces less bass, so less bass is heard upstairs.

Whether the stands couple or decouple makes no difference to this as structure-borne transfer is not the problem. There will be some but it will be totally eclipsed by the airborne transfer.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Simon.

It's a bit of a faff isn't it. I think I'll have a go at filling the stands (half way, 2/3rds?) and see where I end up.

I'll live with it for a few weeks and then swap back to the way it was and decide which I prefer When all is said and done, I was pretty happy the way it was and if it has to be boomy upstairs I'm just seeing how things can be tweaked to be optimal and if it has to be boomy upstairs the boomy it must be.
    Simon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123