+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Major sound upgrade

I'm Simon.

Default Major sound upgrade

I just made a simple and effective major upgrade when I discovered my speakers wires were running to the wrong speakers left and right...only been like that for 2 months 😀

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've heard speakers demonstrated in an audio dealers where the left and right channels were swapped over. The staff hadn't noticed!
    Barry

I'm Patrick.

I've heard speakers demonstrated at an audio manufacturer where the right channel wasn't working at all. The staff hadn't noticed!

I'm Peter.

I once got one speaker in anti-phase. A MASSIVE sound stage but nowt in't middle.
    1984 was a warning - Not an instruction manual

I like (things) in brackets

I'm Grant.

sometimes it sounds better
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've heard speakers demonstrated in an audio dealers where the left and right channels were swapped over. The staff hadn't noticed!
    I've had reps and designers do the same when connecting their equipment. The other one is swapping the phase on one speaker. It appears that some can't hear this..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I've had reps and designers do the same when connecting their equipment. The other one is swapping the phase on one speaker. It appears that some can't hear this..
    You should hear it if only one speaker is wrong but I've heard both being wrong way and it's been hard to notice. Dacs from usa usually had a phase switch. I could barely hear any difference when flipped.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by BultyBoy View Post
    I just made a simple and effective major upgrade when I discovered my speakers wires were running to the wrong speakers left and right...only been like that for 2 months ��
    I did a similar thing here; had the L and R XLRs the wrong way around in the amp. Didn't notice until I played a familiar piece of music - that was only an hour though, 2 months is a long time by comparison.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Lawrence.

If you don't have a balance knob, then is it that bad not to notice?. Wouldn't take me long to notice the trumpet on the wrong side in kind of blue or whatever, but an average dealer going in and out of a room doing demos might not notice for quite a while.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm brian.

Did notice the other day that my DM 2 speakers are round the wrong way ( don't mean back to front, lol ). Thats according to the Bowers handbook, who say there s a left and right way to place em. Am I likely to notice an improvement if I swap them around ? . Only bought a few weeks ago, and there heavy. Most impressed with these btw.
    Note to self..... try it and find out !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast