+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Major sound upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Simon.

Default Major sound upgrade

I just made a simple and effective major upgrade when I discovered my speakers wires were running to the wrong speakers left and right...only been like that for 2 months 😀

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've heard speakers demonstrated in an audio dealers where the left and right channels were swapped over. The staff hadn't noticed!
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've heard speakers demonstrated in an audio dealers where the left and right channels were swapped over. The staff hadn't noticed!
    I've had reps and designers do the same when connecting their equipment. The other one is swapping the phase on one speaker. It appears that some can't hear this..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I've had reps and designers do the same when connecting their equipment. The other one is swapping the phase on one speaker. It appears that some can't hear this..
    You should hear it if only one speaker is wrong but I've heard both being wrong way and it's been hard to notice. Dacs from usa usually had a phase switch. I could barely hear any difference when flipped.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. "Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak!"

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Patrick.

I've heard speakers demonstrated at an audio manufacturer where the right channel wasn't working at all. The staff hadn't noticed!

I'm Peter.

I once got one speaker in anti-phase. A MASSIVE sound stage but nowt in't middle.
    1984 was a warning - Not an instruction manual

I like (things) in brackets

I'm Grant.

sometimes it sounds better
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. "Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak!"

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by BultyBoy View Post
    I just made a simple and effective major upgrade when I discovered my speakers wires were running to the wrong speakers left and right...only been like that for 2 months ��
    I did a similar thing here; had the L and R XLRs the wrong way around in the amp. Didn't notice until I played a familiar piece of music - that was only an hour though, 2 months is a long time by comparison.
    Main system
    Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    ATL Audio DC mains trap
    Mac mini running Fidelia
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    AD Audio bespoke balanced valve buffer stage with...
    2x 1959 NOS RCA Red Base black plate 5691s
    Joe Henry-built Pass Labs Aleph 3 Class A power amp
    Reiver Acoustics Edingdales speakers
    BK Double Gem twin 10" subwoofer
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC speaker cable
    Audioquest SLiP Neutrik subwoofer interconnect
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect

Secondary system
    iMac 27"
    Samsung Blu-ray
    Technics TRS cassette deck
    Arcam rDAC
    Arcam A85 integrated amp
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands
    Chord Chameleon interconnects
    Audioquest Evergreen interconnects
    Silver Studio USB interconnect

I'm Lawrence.

If you don't have a balance knob, then is it that bad not to notice?. Wouldn't take me long to notice the trumpet on the wrong side in kind of blue or whatever, but an average dealer going in and out of a room doing demos might not notice for quite a while.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm brian.

Did notice the other day that my DM 2 speakers are round the wrong way ( don't mean back to front, lol ). Thats according to the Bowers handbook, who say there s a left and right way to place em. Am I likely to notice an improvement if I swap them around ? . Only bought a few weeks ago, and there heavy. Most impressed with these btw.
    Note to self..... try it and find out !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast