+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streamer with gapless playback.

I'm steve.

I do have a large music library (7000+ tracks) on my Mac, the vast majority in Apple Lossless, a few in AAC and a tiny amount of MP3s, there's no problem with gapless playback from that source, my problem with the lack of gapless playback is just streaming from Tidal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm keith.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    Can anyone advise if there is a reasonably priced streamer (under £200) that supports gapless playback available ?
    I'm currently using an Arylic S10 streamer in my second tier system, I like the sound quality streaming Tidal and the 4Stream control app but I'm finding the lack of gapless playback extremely irritating as probably 30% of the albums I listen to are recorded gapless.
    Please don't suggest the Raspberry Pi as I don't want to go that route.

the Hifi cast app on android seems to force gapless playback but its dependent on where you are streaming your music from

I'm steve.

Well it looks like I'm sorted for a new streamer, managed to win an ebay auction on a Teufel Raumfeld Connector 2, it arrived from Germany this morning and is now up and running in the bedroom setup, had to settle for a used one as Teufel have stopped exporting to the UK since Brexit, plus it would have worked out expensive with import duty and VAT coming from Germany, they retail for €199, so with extra charges it would have cost over £220, mine including 20%VAT that ebay added to the sale price cost me £135. Thankfully the seller marked the shipment as a gift and marked the value low so I didn't have any extra charges on delivery.
    Only had limited listening today but the sound quality streaming Tidal is extremely good and Yay !! faultless gapless playback.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Nice one Steve. Gapless is crucial for so many albums. If you've ever tried listening to anything by Enigma without gapless playback, you'll know the feeling.

Glad you got something sorted.

I'm steve.

Default Streamer with gapless playback.

A few days on now with the Teufel Raumfeld Connector 2 and things are going pretty well. Good though the Arylic S10 was, the Connector 2 is in a completely different league, yes it has the totally seamless gapless playback that I wanted but I wasn't really expecting such a hike in the sound quality, it's absolutely superb streaming Tidal and it's taken the bedroom system to a new level, helped in small part by a bit of judicious tube rolling on my Reisong A10 tube amp, changed the standard fit Chinese 6n2p preamp tubes for a pair of Russian Voshkod Rockets, a very well spent £20 from Watford Valves which after a little burn in time has improved the upper mid and treble clarity noticeably.
    Although I've not done a direct AB comparison, subjectively the Connector 2 runs the Bluesound Node 2i in my main setup very close imho and for a lot less money, just wish it had a remote, but you can't have everything.

I'm Steve.

iPod touch plays gapless via iTunes
    Steve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12