+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streamer with gapless playback.

I'm steve.

Default Streamer with gapless playback.

Can anyone advise if there is a reasonably priced streamer (under £200) that supports gapless playback available ?
    I'm currently using an Arylic S10 streamer in my second tier system, I like the sound quality streaming Tidal and the 4Stream control app but I'm finding the lack of gapless playback extremely irritating as probably 30% of the albums I listen to are recorded gapless.
    Please don't suggest the Raspberry Pi as I don't want to go that route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

As far as I know, DLNA is not capable of gapless playback, so if your using DLNA it might not be possible.

If it's using a USB or other hard wired (non-network) connection, then gapless should be possible with most systems i guess if the right permissions are available.

might not help you but thought i'd mention it. jriver for instance can do gapless but not if using DNLA
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Some formats do not play back gaplessly.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    As far as I know, DLNA is not capable of gapless playback, so if your using DLNA it might not be possible.

If it's using a USB or other hard wired (non-network) connection, then gapless should be possible with most systems i guess if the right permissions are available.

might not help you but thought i'd mention it. jriver for instance can do gapless but not if using DNLA
    I've no idea what DLNA is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Digital Living Network Alliance. It's a convention decided by multiple parties as a standard for digital transmission and data streaming on TVs, computers, BDs, DVDs etc etc.

Much like 'JPEG' in that capacity (Joint Photographic Expert Group).

Streamers use DLNA as a covention for streaming to different devices.

I'm Rob.

I use DNLA. The ability to stream gaplessly is a function of the player and not the protocol. My Simaudio Moon streamers have all streamed gaplessly. Some other streamers I've used do not.
    Rob.