+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello,from the San Francisco Bay Area :)

I'm Scott.

Default Hello,from the San Francisco Bay Area :)

Hi Everyone, I've been into "Hifi' since I was young, starting around 13 - when living in the San Diego County area where I was born and grew up, and I continued enjoying Hifi while in College through to today - almost 50 years later

Along the way I've had several very large systems, but now that I am retired I am sticking to unobtrusive - and easy to lift / move around - headphone systems.

I am listening with a Topping D90 MQA + Xduoo TA-20 + Topping A90, but the A90 is taking a well deserved vacation while I enjoy tube rolling 12AU7's in the TA-20.

Throughout the pandemic I've been shopping sales for IEMs, Headphones, and now tubes, lots of great Hfi deals out there during the last year.

Right now I'm listening with a Hifiman Ananda, Hifiman HE6SE V2, Sennheiser HD660s with the Xduoo TA-20 with a NEW NOS matched pair of PHILCO Long Black Plate Angled D Getter 12AU7's.

I enjoy a wide range of music and media, I stream Hfi Music with Tidal and AMHD, and watch video with a wide range of services including Netflix, Prime Video, HBOMAX, Paramount+, Disney+, Britbox, CuriosityStream, Tubi, etc etc - Youtube too.

I've got a lot of reading to do here to catch up on, and I am looking forward to meeting you all.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Scott. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, just join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Hi Scott and welcome.

I'm really into headphones, planars in general and Hifiman in particular. I had the HE400, HE500, HE6 (original 4 screw version if you're into that sort of thing), HE400i and HE560. I also owned the LCD3 (non Fazor), Oppo PM3 and Dekoni Blue. I still have Fostex T20RP.

I'm also into amps of course, I've owned Little Dot III, IV and IVSE and various SS amps over the years.

I sold most of my collection off over the years and have ended up with Sennheiser HD580, 650 and 700. Amp wise I've got a Eufonik valve amp from Poland and a Graham Slee Solo. Also a couple of Audio Gd dac/amps which I rate despite the criticism of them on some sites.

I actually repaired a class A amp by Yulong Audio last night which now sounds lovely. It got nice and warm too

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Hi Scott, welcome to AoS. Jefferson Airplane from your neck of woods then, as were Greatful Dead i think.. enjoy the forum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello Scott. Welcome to AOS.
    I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, just join in the chat.
    Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    "'I must not look on ebay!" - so true!!

Thank you Geoff!
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Hi Scott, welcome to AoS. Jefferson Airplane from your neck of woods then, as were Greatful Dead i think.. enjoy the forum.
    struth, lots of live Music venues were here when I first moved here in 1980, now not so much, with none to be found in the last year
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Hi Scott and welcome.
    I'm really into headphones, planars in general and Hifiman in particular. I had the HE400, HE500, HE6 (original 4 screw version if you're into that sort of thing), HE400i and HE560. I also owned the LCD3 (non Fazor), Oppo PM3 and Dekoni Blue. I still have Fostex T20RP.
    I'm also into amps of course, I've owned Little Dot III, IV and IVSE and various SS amps over the years.
    I sold most of my collection off over the years and have ended up with Sennheiser HD580, 650 and 700. Amp wise I've got a Eufonik valve amp from Poland and a Graham Slee Solo. Also a couple of Audio Gd dac/amps which I rate despite the criticism of them on some sites.
    I actually repaired a class A amp by Yulong Audio last night which now sounds lovely. It got nice and warm too
    Hey, that's great Lawrence, I also have a few Beyerdynamics + other Sennheisers, and I am looking at that new HD8XX supposed to come out 11/21 from Sennheiser+Drop - a retuning that has potential!

The tube equipment for me started in my teens as that was all around for "boat anchor" pricing, so it's fun to revisit tubes+SS again 50 years later - a lot has changed, but much remains the same - except tube prices, yipe!

I'll see you all around the forums
    Last edited by hmscott; 02-03-2021 at 06:09.

+ Reply to Thread