+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thorens TD160 mk 2- Restoration and Upgrade project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Andrew.

Default Thorens TD160 mk 2- Restoration and Upgrade project

Hello gang. I've been selected to modify and upgrade a clients TD160 mk2. You can follow my quest over on www.facebook.com/wakefieldaudio but I'll post some updates and posts on here as well.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Loz.

Looking forward to following the progress Andrew!

I'm Andrew.

Thanks Loz, these are great TT's to work on, quite simplistic, but excellent engineering. This resto will hopefully turn out to be something special for the client who commissioned it.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Excellent Andrew. Based on past projects I know this will be a very special build
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Excellent Andrew. Based on past projects I know this will be a very special build
    Thanks Brian, nice to hear from you again!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Mike.

Very interesting, i'm at the start of another TD160 restoration myself, perhaps we could swap notes so to speak.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Very interesting, i'm at the start of another TD160 restoration myself, perhaps we could swap notes so to speak.
    Love to. Send me a PM.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Bruce.

Looking forward to the progress and maybe some tips as I have the same which I am soon to start.

I bought a new plate, one of those laser cut ones, the one I have was disfigured by the previous guardian. I have a new power board from vinyl passion and reclaimed oak for the plinth. It will be my first attempt at a refurb.

The only thing I am not sure of is how to polish up the platter or if I could get it plated somehow, I would be interested to know if you will be doing something with yours. Mine is just looking a bit dull and I want it to sparkle when its finished.

My lid is ok, but I bought a headlight polishing kit to get the best out of it.

I'm Mike.

For the platter T Cut or Duraglit or any metal polish to be honest will work, it's a messy job though and when you're done polishing give the cleaned metal a polish with a good quality silicone car polish it will help to keep it shiny for longer.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    For the platter T Cut or Duraglit or any metal polish to be honest will work, it's a messy job though and when you're done polishing give the cleaned metal a polish with a good quality silicone car polish it will help to keep it shiny for longer.
    Thanks, I'll try that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast