+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Sale - Interesting 2 way speakers

I'm Rob.

Default For Sale - Interesting 2 way speakers

These originally started out as Mark Baker of Origin Live’s first foray into speakers.

These were bought as prototypes many moons ago ,forgot I had them in my attic and during lockdown thought I’d give them a refresh and a bit of TLC.

Two way sealed enclosure using the Focal TC90K tweeter and Focal 5K013L midbass driver

Enclosure is lined with dedshete panels, internal cabling of Hitachi LC-OFC SSX to the woofer and Duelund silver foil in silk to the tweeter.

External Crossover built from a kit from Falcon Acoustics ages ago, again internally wired with Hitachi LC-OFC cable.

If you wish the crossover can be upgraded and it can accommodate the Jantzen 100 x 150mm PCB from HiFi Collective

Speaker cable is Hitachi LC-OFC SSX-104 with VDH screw on spades/bananas connecting from the crossover to Jantzen carbon jacket binding posts.

Cabinets are MDF and lower cavity filled with foam and sand, tweeter is sort of decoupled from the rest of the cab as its mounted on an aluminium plate, speakers sit on heavy duty outriggers.

Sprayed in what was originally satin black but I started polishing and they ended up high gloss piano black, not a bad DIY effort during lockdown.

Dimensions to follow once I've found the tape measure !

Difficult to price start with £475 with collection from Southampton.

Last edited by RobsterD; 28-02-2021 at 18:58.

I'm Rob.

They look very nice....and a bit different drive unit wise to some of the commercial stuff.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Grant.

look very decent indeed
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rana.

Interesting. How do they sound?
    Lounge: Technics 1200GR/Denon 160>Atoll P200SE/Sony CDP-X3000ES/Bluesound Node N130 on USB>Aavik U150 amp/DAC>Music Culture RL21. Loft: Bluesound Node N130 on USB>Lindemann Musicbook 10DSD/55 Pre-DAC/Power>Music Culture RL21

I'm BigBobJoylove.

They look excellent, I love the attention to detail on the crossovers - very well made.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Steve.

Dimensions?

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Yay high, by so deep, by that wide.

No doubt the OP will have found his tape measure soon and can fill in the vagaries of my most unhelpful post.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nice tweeters, same as used in the Impulse H2.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Rob.

Give me a chance guys

Dimensions of main cab are depth 21cm ,width 20cm ,with a height inc outriggers of 91cm the outriggers give a footprint of 45cm depth by 20cm.

I think they sound pretty good treble is nice and sweet with the TC90 and what bass is there is pretty good had some Faithless on last night and the neighbour certainly knew about it.

Ideally in a none covid world you would be welcome a listen

The original design from Mark did have a woofer in the base but trying to back engineer the crossover was a nightmare so went two way.

No doubt an addition of a sub would improve things further, I was hoping to get one for a play.

Some pics of the internals

Last edited by RobsterD; 28-02-2021 at 18:56.

I'm gary.

Hi Ali sent a pm to you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast