+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaker recommendations

I'm gerald.

Default Speaker recommendations

I am getting to the point where my speakers are now holdimg my system back ..
    My current sysgem is tubed mono blocked system controlled by a new passive pre amp my
    Speakers are Dali Zensor 3s they sit about 6 1/2ft apart and fire towards my settee that is abot
    8 feet from them the length odf my room is 26 feet long .
    I think I am have to go floor standers but I am on a tight budget so I will have to go secomd hand .
    Any recomendations please budget is 500

Cheers Gerry

I'm Phil.

May I recommend the b&w 607s2 or 606s2 .if you get a discount they will be in your budget.absolutely delightful is the 607 s2. Nice finish , very natural sound.been really enjoying them past few days . I could easily live with these , they may be vinyl wrap but they are great value .Diana it all was sounding very captivating. They are detailed but not fatiguing. I can imagine the 606 s2 is even better
    When words are many , sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise . prov 10

I'm Phil.

If you want floorstanders audio emotion have a number of open box Dali floorstanders .if you look on the wam there is a nice pair of b&w cm7 for 350 . A lot of speaker for the money
    When words are many , sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise . prov 10

I'm gerald.

do you have a link for them hifiinut had a look cant find them

I'm Gary.

Hi Gerry,

I run a set of the Dali Zensor 5 floorstanders, they sound great and come in around your budget.
    Enjoying hifi 'n stuff...

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    do you have a link for them hifiinut had a look cant find them
    my bad gerald ... it was pfm . a lot of speaker for the money !!!

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...-bungs.249497/

I'm gerald.

Thanks hifinut i have sent a msg asking if he will pack them up as i can use overland express to collect them waiting on a reply .
    I have also come across a set of Acoustic Energy AE209 Floorstanding Speakers any thoughts on them ?

I'm Phil.

seems he will not pack up , sad . Not too sure about the Acoustic energy but i do know the B&W speakers are well known and personally i rather like them

in your budget though i dont think you can beat the dali ikons !! at 490 seems a good deal . audio emotion have a superb rep

https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/dali-...ox-24827-p.asp

I'm Ras.

KEF R300 or LS50 would be also interesting choices if standmounts.

I'm gerald.

Down to two choices Dali IIkon 5s or Dali Spector 6S done my nut right in what ones to go for HELP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast