+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B&W mk1 684 speaker advice

I'm gerald.

Default B&W mk1 684 speaker advice

Hi just wondering if anyone is running a set of mk1 684 speakers I am hoping to audition a set in the next few days but I can only demo them in the sellers garage due to covid . My biggest concern is that they have to be close to the wall gap will be about 4 to 6 inches . I will be using a pair of tubed mono block amps.
    I know they are front and rear ported so just wondering if they would be ok ,My current speakers are Dali Zensor 3s

Many thanks Gerry

I'm Phil.

impossible to say gerald , just make sure they are in good nick and a good price and they will resell fairly easily i am sure
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Martin.

I don't know the specific model but looking at the design and general experience with that type of speaker tells me that they will be a bit too heavy in the bass that close to the wall.

You might get away with it, but If you asked me to bet I'd say you won't. They will need about three feet behind them to sound properly balanced, maybe a foot out from the wall would be the closest you could go before they start to thump a bit.

This is all assuming you will want to crank them up a bit, at background levels they will be fine against a wall.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread