+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogers LS3/5a

I'm Martin.

Thumbs up Rogers LS3/5a

Many years ago one of my colleagues replaced three LS3/5s in a bar that had blown drivers, just about the worst use of these speakers I have ever witnessed. I rescued them from the skip, two of them I stripped the cabinets of the paint, lightly repolished the woodwork and obtained some new drivers from KEF. They were never intended to be more than reasonable for the workshop system, however the new speakers that were supposed to be coming today are delayed, so I had to put them into the main system for day. Bearing in mind that they have sat for some years, an afternoons radio has loosened them up nicely, they sound remarkably good. The drivers are unmatched both to each other and the crossovers, and not withstanding the limitations of what they can realistically do for a 60 year old design, I could quite happily live with them if there were no alternative.

Anyway they are realistically surplus and I will probably move them on. Is there any interest, I'm not asking for a commitment and beyond that they won't be silly money, if so I'll place a proper for sale ad. Just trying to gauge things,
    Regards
    Martin

I'm Don.

Pm sent

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I'm David.

I've got a pair of JR149s-their cousins, which I run off a second amp to be kinder to the planet and not run up 4 x 845s all the time. They sound amazing and with decent power fed to them give out very decent bass. I could happily live with them

I'm Andrew.

Smart money is on the 149's!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Graham.

I have had both and moved on the jr149s. However the early 15ohm (transformer xover) Rogers 3/5A are deffo staying!

I'm Martyn.

PM sent.

+ Reply to Thread