+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A one turntable man.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Steve real sorry to hear this , I do hope you kept the best of all and can still have quality time with the best format available

YES RECORDS

Stay safe
    I kept my main tt which is a VPI Scout II that i absolutely love. In a strange kind of way i feel kind of liberated having shed my last supplementary turntable. Looking back i have owned some of the greats and enjoyed them. However, I've had my VPI for over five years and never had to fart about with it. I have only ever rebalanced the arm if i have moved the turntable or fitted a new cartridge. So i am content, i don't feel the need for bullshit power supplies, motor units or mats etc. Likewise with my Vincent phono stage which i bought as a stopgap 2.5 years on and it is still in the system doing no harm at all.

I'm Shaun.

There comes a time when sense has to prevail.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post

There comes a time when sense has to prevail.
    Dead right Shaun. Lack of funds due to misfortune forces consolidation. The only thing i am in need of at the moment is a pair of new speakers. Having said that i bought a pair of Dali 7's from Lawrence as an interim fix until i can afford a new pair. They are 34 years old but on the end of my valve mono's don't sound too shabby. Makes me wonder if i should consider Dali when i eventually look for a new pair.

+ Reply to Thread