+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JR149, JR150 and JR SuperWoofer foam grilles now available again

I'm Richard.

Default JR149, JR150 and JR SuperWoofer foam grilles now available again

For those of you who don't know, Graham Hartle has recently started making foam grilles again for the JR149, JR150 and JR SuperWoofer, after a hiatus of several years, which is great news if your JRs are in need of new foams. He has them listed on eBay.

Graham can also make bespoke foams. In fact I've just commissioned a set for my mk2 JR149's, which are slightly taller than the mk1 JR149 and use narrower 'bars' on the foam with a subtle bevel top and bottom. Luckily the original foams on my 40yr old mk2's have only just started to rot, so I was able to take pretty accurate measurements for a template for a new set, trying to copy the original design as closely as possible. The original grille on my mk2 is shown in the picture below, along with the template I designed. I understand from Graham that there will be an additional three sets of these mk2 grilles available to purchase, so if you're interested then you can either get in touch with Graham via eBay or drop me a PM and I'll pass on his email address to you. They should be ready in approx 3-4 weeks.

Disclaimers: I have measured and designed these grilles to the best of my ability but cannot guarantee that they will be a perfect fit for your mk2's. Also I am not receiving any commission or other financial incentives on orders for these grilles, I supplied my design FOC to Graham and have also published it here and on other forums so anyone can use it as they wish.

Main System: Mac Mini > Schiit Yggdrasil 2 OG > Yamaha A-S3000 > Celestion Ditton 66
    Headphone System: Mac Mini > Schiit Yggdrasil 2 OG > Sparkos Aries / Schiit Mjolnir 2 > Sennheiser HD600

I'm Richard.

I must say I'm very pleased with the end result, the new foams look almost identical to the originals:

Main System: Mac Mini > Schiit Yggdrasil 2 OG > Yamaha A-S3000 > Celestion Ditton 66
    Headphone System: Mac Mini > Schiit Yggdrasil 2 OG > Sparkos Aries / Schiit Mjolnir 2 > Sennheiser HD600

+ Reply to Thread