+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any experience of the RME ADI-2 DAC ?

I'm Simon.

I just read some.reviews yes that Pegasus looks a great buy as I don't want any bells and whistles

I'm David.

Very helpful advice all, many thanks again.
    More than one of you has been very clear that, all being equal, I should be perfectly satisfied with the sound of the Soncoz, and looking at the more expensive RME it looks like it has many features I'll almost certainly never use.

However, it can't just be me that gets the nagging feeling that if something is more expensive there HAS to be a reason, right ???
    And this from the guy that's had more fun in a £3k car than the 25 grand motor it replaced. Will I EVER learn ?

That said, if it's going to serve for a decade or more maybe build and components explain and justify the extra dollars ?

It feels from your words that at least I've identified two worthy contenders, so that's appreciated.

Thimk I'll have a chat with Keith at Purite Audio as I think he stocks both.

If this is of interest I'll let you know the outcome.

Enjoy your Sunday evening, I've got The Good, The Bad and The Ugly waiting in the Oppo............
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    Thimk I'll have a chat with Keith at Purite Audio as I think he stocks both.
    Is he not the person that believe all DACs sound the same?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

I don't think he believes all of them sound the same. Just those that measure really well. Which does make some sense.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Kevin.

Surely the sound will depend on the analogue output stage?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by BultyBoy View Post
    I just read some.reviews yes that Pegasus looks a great buy as I don't want any bells and whistles
    Have a look at the Denafrips Ares II from Willowtreeaudio, cheaper than the Pegasus

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I suspect that too but I don't know that I'd be sure about it. I haven't done the comparisons, he reckons he has.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Yes and even cable choices will affect things.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Is it me, or is it a bit odd that the OP has taken the advice of those who've never heard the DAC but ignores the post of someone who owns one and has it playing all day long?

Forums are bizarre.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I have a Mytek which is great, but I do like the AK chips I've heard in the past, would be my choice if I was looking now.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast