+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else’s Roon being an ar5e?

I'm Grant.

a new download promises to fix..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    a new download promises to fix..
    Any more information on that Struth ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by disarmamant View Post
    Yes I'm using an Intel NUC7i3BNH for the core. I'm using Linux Mint, rather than ROCK because with ROCK that is all you can do on the NUC. I'm moving away from using Vortexbox on an old Dell server machine, mainly because the NUC uses far less energy than the big Dell server.

I am going to run both Roon Core and Plex media server on the NUC, as I do on the Vortexbox, so to maintain the same functionality as the Vortexbox server I installed Linux Mint 20 with the xfce desktop. I have also installed nomachine remote desktop on the NUC so I can run the NUC headless and carry out backups over the network.
    Ah right. I do similar but with windows10. Run various apps including Plex and virtual machines.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Edward.

Here is the changelog for latest patch. First item is relevant for us.

Improvements and Bug Fixes for Build 763:

• Fixed missing audio zones in some conditions
    • Add/Remove Tag functionality restored
    • Playlist and Tag links available on Album screen (enable on Settings > General)
    • Shuffle playback in browsers selects from your entire library
    • New “Customize Album Display” options:
      • Star rating
      • MQA badge
      • Album display settings now used across the app including TIDAL, Qobuz, Genre pages, etc

• ‘Export’ option restored to Playlists when applicable
    • Focus: fixed some cases where ‘View More’ wouldn’t be shown
    • Updated treatment of ‘In library’ button on Search results
    • Bigger “hit areas” for touch:
      • Queue button in footer
      • Scrollbars on iOS
      • Playlist item drag handles

• Now Playing:
      • Fixed spacing and layout of Star rating and streaming services badges
      • Removed UI artifact when Now Playing is empty on mobile

• Album screen includes clearer treatment when navigating to “focused” track list from Credits tab
    • Fixed icon alignment for tracks on many screens
    • Fixed overlapping scrollbars in some dialogs
    • Fixed failure to load content after clicking link in reviews and bios
    • Fixed crash opening artist browser when malformed unicode is present
    • Fixed a bug where different ‘Member of’ links would redirect to the same person
    • Fixed absence of hamburger menu on large-format tablets
    • Updated treatment for tags on Composition screen
    • Fixed issue with multiple external source controls on Volume popup
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Any more information on that Struth ?

ed has posted the changes. the updates were waiting for me. both core and the endpoint
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Well, what can I say...... well done Roon. Must have listened to the 1000’s of complaints, including my gripes to the support team.

Let’s see if it’s actually improved.... now everything has been updated.

I'm Russell.

Thanks for the heads up, the update is installing as we speak so hopefully will resolve this issue.

I'm Peter.

Well, I thought I would give you a bit of an early update, after using Roon for most of day since the 1.8 Patch download this morning.

All appears to be back to normal regarding finding various endpoints and zones. (Not one single hitch).

Additionally, I like they have reinstated some of the earlier functions of the previous version, which makes the whole affair much more enjoyable to use.

I have a selection of different Dacs/endpoints (switchable) and instantly connects to the chosen device without issue. Even NAS files appear to load faster.

So, there you have it. Happier than I was yesterday. The tech boys at Roon must have worked hard to get this fixed.

Yesterday I was going to give up my lifetime subscription...but perhaps now I will persevere

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Yesterday I was going to give up my lifetime subscription...but perhaps now I will persevere
    How does one 'give up' a lifetime subscription?

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    How does one 'give up' a lifetime subscription?
    Yer chuck $400 down the plughole and don't use Roon anymore

And maybe use Jriver!!!!!!

It was said in jest

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast