+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else’s Roon being an ar5e?

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Hi Peter,

Sorry I should have been clearer. An actual thread where this specific issue is being discussed. I'm already registered in Community.

Cheers
    Edward
    Try this... I’ve not read it all yet, but mentions end points seen but not working.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/1-8...failure/141422

Hope this helps..... a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    I’m afraid I can’t offer a fix but I’m experiencing the very same issue since the 1.8 update. However, it’s only with endpoints temporarily disappearing and as yet the core has been stable (NUC).

At the moment, it’s more of an irritation than a disaster and looking on the Roon forum, others are experiencing the same problem.

Let’s hope the technical team get this fixed sooner rather than later.

Thanks Peter - seems I'm not the only one after reviewing the forum.

Not a huge issue per se but it is inconvenient when I have to attach a screen etc. to restart the core each time so hopefully there's a fix before too long.

Have turned off the Airplay end points to see if that helps also.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    Thanks Peter - seems I'm not the only one after reviewing the forum.

Not a huge issue per se but it is inconvenient when I have to attach a screen etc. to restart the core each time so hopefully there's a fix before too long.

Have turned off the Airplay end points to see if that helps also.
    To be honest, I think a post to the techie boys at Roon explaining the issue is probably the only way to get a fast fix.

I have contacted support but as yet no real response other than “Reboot the Core”.

It beginning to drive me to insanity.....as 1.7 was ROCK SOLID

I'm Edward.

Try this... I’ve not read it all yet, but mentions end points seen but not working.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/1-8...failure/141422

Hope this helps..... a bit.

Hi Peter

Yes I saw that (rather) long thread. People mostly seem to be bitching about the look and feel of 1.8. I searched in the thread for 'our' issue (using obvious search terms such as 'core', 'end point' etc) but nothing obvious.

I'll send in a support ticket or start a new thread when I can grab some minutes to do so.

Thanks
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Edward.

I posted this direct to Roon support. I'll post back here if/when I get a response.

Since Roon 1.8 (1.7 was rock solid) the RoPieee zone is not seen by Roon BUT it is seen as a valid (enabled) Audio Device within Roon Settings.

A restart of the RPi (either a power down or software reboot) does not cure things. Disabling the device (in Roon Audio settings) and then enabling it again does not cure the issue (still not seen as a valid selectable zone). Only a full restart of the Windows10 server (where Core is) cures this issue.

I tend to leave Core and RPi running 24/7. This was rock solid for versions up to 1.7. Since 1.8 this problem has occurred. I have not done any other changes to my system.

Please advise what the fix is or if there is no fix what troubleshooting steps you would like me to follow.

Thanks
    Edward
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Peter.

I posted this direct to Roon support. I'll post back here if/when I get a response.
    Edward, thought I would give you an update, probably of no consequence though.

After an afternoon of deliberation / messing around, I powered down all my endpoint devices... and left them powered down for at least 30 minutes.

Microrendu / Brooklyn Dac, Alo Catana, Alo Boss , Microsoft Surface, Sonos, NUC ( ROCK Software) and rebooted them all! After a period on 30 minutes.

Much to my surprise, when repowered, I appear to have no further issues as previously reported.

All end point devices are now visible and operational.

Maybe this is a temporary fix .... but who knows.

Maybe software updates have been fully installed? (CONFIGURED)

Sorry I have no intelligent answer.

Just thought I would let you know

By the way, my endpoints (remote devices) are mainly hard wired.... apart from the Ipad and S20 android phone are working as previously.

No help I know!!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Looking at the support thread on their forum I think Roon support is rather overwhelmed with problems with the 1.8 release.

I put a support ticket in yesterday because I’m having a firewall problem with my Roon installation on a NUC with Linux Mint.

I had the problem with Roon not seeing any endpoints until I disabled the firewall in Linux. Now it works properly, but I can’t enable the firewall even with the exception rules suggested by others on the Roon forum.

I’ve had no response to my ticket yet and it’s a long way down the list now.

I'm Edward.

Edward, thought I would give you an update, probably of no consequence though.

After an afternoon of deliberation / messing around, I powered down all my endpoint devices... and left them powered down for at least 30 minutes.

Microrendu / Brooklyn Dac, Alo Catana, Alo Boss , Microsoft Surface, Sonos, NUC ( ROCK Software) and rebooted them all! After a period on 30 minutes.

Much to my surprise, when repowered, I appear to have no further issues as previously reported.

All end point devices are now visible and operational.

Maybe this is a temporary fix .... but who knows.

Maybe software updates have been fully installed? (CONFIGURED)

Sorry I have no intelligent answer.

Just thought I would let you know

By the way, my endpoints (remote devices) are mainly hard wired.... apart from the Ipad and S20 android phone are working as previously.

No help I know!!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Thanks. All good info there.

§

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by disarmamant View Post
    Looking at the support thread on their forum I think Roon support is rather overwhelmed with problems with the 1.8 release.

I put a support ticket in yesterday because I’m having a firewall problem with my Roon installation on a NUC with Linux Mint.

I had the problem with Roon not seeing any endpoints until I disabled the firewall in Linux. Now it works properly, but I can’t enable the firewall even with the exception rules suggested by others on the Roon forum.

I’ve had no response to my ticket yet and it’s a long way down the list now.
    Yes I can imagine there are a stack of tickets waiting in a queue. Strange that you can't re-enable the firewall even with the exceptions.

Slightly off topic, but are you using the NUC for Core? If so why are using Mint rather than Rock? Actually one can also use Rock as an end-point.

I'm Martin.

Yes I can imagine there are a stack of tickets waiting in a queue. Strange that you can't re-enable the firewall even with the exceptions.

Slightly off topic, but are you using the NUC for Core? If so why are using Mint rather than Rock? Actually one can also use Rock as an end-point.
    Yes I'm using an Intel NUC7i3BNH for the core. I'm using Linux Mint, rather than ROCK because with ROCK that is all you can do on the NUC. I'm moving away from using Vortexbox on an old Dell server machine, mainly because the NUC uses far less energy than the big Dell server.

I am going to run both Roon Core and Plex media server on the NUC, as I do on the Vortexbox, so to maintain the same functionality as the Vortexbox server I installed Linux Mint 20 with the xfce desktop. I have also installed nomachine remote desktop on the NUC so I can run the NUC headless and carry out backups over the network.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast