+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else’s Roon being an ar5e?

I'm Russell.

Default Anyone else’s Roon being an ar5e?

Getting a bit cheesed off with Roon since the 1.8 update.

From time to time it won’t find certain Audio Zones so I have to restart the core which is a PITA as I run it headless.

The zones are showing in settings as enabled but you can’t select them to play to as not showing there. Even disabling them and then enabling them again doesn’t resolve the issue.

It’s not specific zones that are the issue either, it’s random. One day it will be the core that it can’t find, other days it’s an endpoint I use wirelessly so it’s as if it’s an issue with an endpoint, it’s definitely with Roon.

Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix?

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post

From time to time it won’t find certain Audio Zones so I have to restart the core which is a PITA as I run it headless.

The zones are showing in settings as enabled but you can’t select them to play to as not showing there. Even disabling them and then enabling them again doesn’t resolve the issue.

It’s not specific zones that are the issue either, it’s random. One day it will be the core that it can’t find, other days it’s an endpoint I use wirelessly so it’s as if it’s an issue with an endpoint, it’s definitely with Roon.

I’m afraid I can’t offer a fix but I’m experiencing the very same issue since the 1.8 update. However, it’s only with endpoints temporarily disappearing and as yet the core has been stable (NUC).

At the moment, it’s more of an irritation than a disaster and looking on the Roon forum, others are experiencing the same problem.

Let’s hope the technical team get this fixed sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

not had that issue so far. hopefully roon will find the problem soon. I did have an issue similar which was when core and the endpoint i used to update was finished the other endpoint was unreachable as it hadnt been updated. hence it was still on 1.7 and couldnt run. I had to uninstall that endpoint program and reinstall at 1.8,

It could be something like that i guess.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not had that issue so far. hopefully roon will find the problem soon. I did have an issue similar which was when core and the endpoint i used to update was finished the other endpoint was unreachable as it hadnt been updated. hence it was still on 1.7 and couldnt run. I had to uninstall that endpoint program and reinstall at 1.8,

It could be something like that i guess.
    Had a similar issue with the Microsoft Surface, it wouldn’t update to 1.8 and was stuck on version 1.7.

Had to deinstall, and reinstall 1.8 Manually. (No such issues with the NUC / IPad or Android Phone).

To be honest, I thought it was just Microsoft being their usual self and making life difficult

I'm Gary.

All good here,
    only running 2 zones if that makes a difference.

Core installed on AP Linux to Roon Endpoint.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Had a similar issue with the Microsoft Surface, it wouldn’t update to 1.8 and was stuck on version 1.7.

Had to deinstall, and reinstall 1.8 Manually. (No such issues with the NUC / IPad or Android Phone).

To be honest, I thought it was just Microsoft being their usual self and making life difficult

The issue was when, from the pc i was on and instructed to update all, i forgot that the program(not the core server) wasnt powered on, on the core machine although the server was.(its a laptop too) so it couldnt update it. whe of course you try to then run 1.7 with a 1.8 core its incompatable. there was a info panel that came up but couldnt be read as the roon grey box covered it. so took me a while to work out what had happened
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Ah ha...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post

I’m afraid I can’t offer a fix but I’m experiencing the very same issue since the 1.8 update. However, it’s only with endpoints temporarily disappearing and as yet the core has been stable (NUC).

At the moment, it’s more of an irritation than a disaster and looking on the Roon forum, others are experiencing the same problem.

Let’s hope the technical team get this fixed sooner rather than later.

I've been getting this as well. Most annoying. Always have to restart Core.

A RPi running Ropieee is the end point. It is seen within Roon Audio settings but does not show up as a zone until Core is restarted.

This issue only seen in the mornings - I tend to leave Core and the RPi endpoint on 24/7.

Prior to 1.8 everything was rock solid. Core running on a win10 machine (headless, I restart via RDP).

Do either of you have a link in the Roon Community where this issue is being discussed please?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I've been getting this as well. Most annoying. Always have to restart Core.

A RPi running Ropieee is the end point. It is seen within Roon Audio settings but does not show up as a zone until Core is restarted.

This issue only seen in the mornings - I tend to leave Core and the RPi endpoint on 24/7.

Prior to 1.8 everything was rock solid. Core running on a win10 machine (headless, I restart via RDP).

Do either of you have a link in the Roon Community where this issue is being discussed please?
    Yes ( Link Below) you have to log in or Register

https://community.roonlabs.com/

I'm Edward.

Yes ( Link Below) you have to log in or Register

https://community.roonlabs.com/

Hi Peter,

Sorry I should have been clearer. An actual thread where this specific issue is being discussed. I'm already registered in Community.

Cheers
    Edward
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast