+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Düsseldorf

I'm Jamie.

Default Hi from Düsseldorf

Thank you for letting me be part of this community. I enjoyed reading quite a few articles in here before deciding it was time to sign up.
    I grew up around my dad playing his favorite music on vinyl, so naturally, I wanted to have my own turntable when I got older - stepped away from the analogue world for quite a few years only to rediscover the beauty of it while being stuck at home for almost a year now. Over the past twelve months, I have been experimenting with different set-ups while also starting to repair old Hifi-beauties (my last make over is a Luxman SQ503).

I am currently enjoying music on a Thorens TD125 with different cartridges, a revised Quad 34, a revised Quad 306 and some Tannoy 637's. I doubt that this set-up will be my last, since I would love to build an amplifier by myself as well as a phono preamp. My newest idea is to build myself an externel motor control for the Thorens.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and for being such a supportive tribe.

Kind regards from Düsseldorf, Germany,

Jamie

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Jamie

Love Düsseldorf, especially the Greco-Roman Museum near the Dom.

Nice system you have put together - what are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Jamie. Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site and join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jamie.

Hey Barry, thank you for your kind welcome. Yes, Düsseldorf is a nice place to be living in. Unfortunately, I have never been to Essex or anywhere on the Great British Islands really except London and Brighton. We were planning on going to Cornwall last summer but Covid had different plans.
    I grew up around Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix and this kind of music - been into guitar based music ever since (my first self payed CD was Guns n' Roses "Appetit for Destruction"). I started being more open minded about other genres like electronic music and Jazz over the last decade but most of my LP's are the ones are rock/alternative/metal.

I'm Jamie.

Hi Geoff, thank you for your kind welcome.

+ Reply to Thread