+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MCRU No.18 figure 8 mains cable 1.5 metres long.

I'm Vince.

Default MCRU No.18 figure 8 mains cable 1.5 metres long.

As per tile, I bought a couple of weeks to use on my freeview box, but it's just not quite long enough. I'm gonna need 2 metres.
    I've put a gold plated fuse in the plug which itself is silver plated.
    I would like £35 delivered please, the previous seller stated that the equivalent today is about £90. PayPal friends and family please.
    I will inform buyer of postage details as I get them.

IMG_0002 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr

IMG_0001 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr

I'm Vince.

Sold, thanks

I'm Adam.

Just a small note, it is very unwise to use a 13A fuse in this lead as the official current rating of an IEC C7 ‘figure of 8’ connector is only 2.5A.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Jules.

How does that work when it's used for integrated amps like the PioneerA300R Precision? I normally use a 10A fuse for that.

Most SMPS need at least a 5A fuse into the Fig-8 or Cloverleaf, or would 3A cover everything? I generally only go that low fif CD players & tuners.

I'm Adam.

You don’t need a 13A fuse for anything other than the biggest power amplifiers.

The Pioneer A300R quotes its power consumption as 330W maximum on the rear panel. As a 3A fuse is good for up to 690W on a 230V supply, so is fine for this. The manual recommends 5A but that’s still higher than necessary, IMHO.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread