+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts and Apparitions

I'm Shaun.

Default Ghosts and Apparitions

Ghosts and apparitions:

Most folk are well aware that planet Earth is a bloody huge magnet with a core of molten iron that is covered with a solid crust. That crust consists of many deposits of ores of chemical elements among which is iron oxide. Some of that iron oxide is Fe3O4 which is magnetic iron oxide, the sort we use for coating strips of plastic film to make video and audio tape. It is also used for making hard drives of course.

What if those deposits of iron oxide just happen to record live events occurring all over planet Earth ? What if, when conditions are perfect, those 'recordings' spontaneously play back producing what our minds conceive as images of the dead ? Yes, I know that magnetic iron oxide records electrical variations in the case of tape recordings but our planet is buzzing with electrical energy.

Just a thought.

I'm guy.

Do people ever see younger versions of themselves walking around?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

This calls for a "just a thought" thread
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

Infrasound may be an explanation, at least sometimes anyway: https://www.strangerdimensions.com/2...ear-frequency/

''This bizarre phenomenon has been documented on multiple occasions. For example, one night while working at a “haunted” laboratory, Vic Tandy of Coventry University experienced feelings of anxiety, and even witnessed a dark “blob” out of the corner of his eye. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up. But when he turned to face the strange figure, he found nothing there.

The next day, Tandy saw the dark figure again, and he also noticed that the fencing foil he was working with — clamped to a vice — was inexplicably vibrating. So he decided to investigate.

As it turned out, there was a silent fan in the laboratory. The fan was giving off low-frequency sound waves at 18.98 Hz, right around the resonant frequency of the human eye. It had also created a standing wave in one area of the room, which is what caused the foil to vibrate.

According to Tandy, “When we finally switched it off, it was as if a huge weight was lifted.”
    The strange vibrations, optical illusions, and depressed feelings were due to infrasound, and had given the laboratory the reputation of being haunted. But it was all because of a vibrating fan.''
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Infrasound may be an explanation, at least sometimes anyway: https://www.strangerdimensions.com/2...ear-frequency/

''This bizarre phenomenon has been documented on multiple occasions. For example, one night while working at a “haunted” laboratory, Vic Tandy of Coventry University experienced feelings of anxiety, and even witnessed a dark “blob” out of the corner of his eye. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up. But when he turned to face the strange figure, he found nothing there.

The next day, Tandy saw the dark figure again, and he also noticed that the fencing foil he was working with — clamped to a vice — was inexplicably vibrating. So he decided to investigate.

As it turned out, there was a silent fan in the laboratory. The fan was giving off low-frequency sound waves at 18.98 Hz, right around the resonant frequency of the human eye. It had also created a standing wave in one area of the room, which is what caused the foil to vibrate.

According to Tandy, “When we finally switched it off, it was as if a huge weight was lifted.”
    The strange vibrations, optical illusions, and depressed feelings were due to infrasound, and had given the laboratory the reputation of being haunted. But it was all because of a vibrating fan.''
    Infrasound caused by central heating/ air conditioning systems is the usual explanation of 'sick building syndrome'.
    Last edited by Barry; 17-02-2021 at 10:04. Reason: spelling
    Barry

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I recall watching a programme where tests were carried out on individuals with magnetic fields and how they could affect the brain. It was shown that hallucinations could be induced in some instances. Perhaps it is localised fields that produce these phenomena.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm guy.

My mum was a strong believer in ghosts, she had two experiences of messages from "afterlife".
    I think that I may have seen one when I was very young (I was only about 2 1/2 or 3 years old though so only a vague impression).
    Sony CDP XB930.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I recall watching a programme where tests were carried out on individuals with magnetic fields and how they could affect the brain. It was shown that hallucinations could be induced in some instances. Perhaps it is localised fields that produce these phenomena.
    I believe it is now recommended that the beds of small children are not situated near the electrical mains riser in blocks of flats, where the magnetic field strength can be high.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Remind me not to wear moving coil headphones.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

The currents involved and hence the magnetic fields generated, are far too small.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast