+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Check the expiry date of your expanding foam...

I'm Sandy.

Default Check the expiry date of your expanding foam...

Yes, that is an deliberately obscure title as clickbait... but bear with me.

I have an old three legged tubular metal equipment rack in the shed, and had an idea to employ it by filling the voids in the tubes with expanding foam to deaden the ringing and perhaps make it usable.

It did not go to plan... Having spent 2 hours cleaning hardened foam out of the applicator gun, I squished the foam liquid in only to have it eventually dribble out of the tubes, partially expanded in places, in others just smeary fluid, making a horrific mess of the kitchen table, the floor and me. Now have a headache from the solvent fumes.

Expiry date of the tin of foam was 2015!

I'm Geoff.

If you need to clear expanding foam from nozzles or the top of the can, just soak them with meths. I've had old cans that worked fine.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Yes you should always test it somewhere safe to make sure its ok first.. I usually alway do this, even with new bought stuff as its a pig to clean off.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Sounds like me when I dug out my old silicone dispenser to redo the bathroom. Surely if you use half a tube doing it, you can expect to save the other half to redo it 5 years later?

They just make stuff to throw away these days and make you buy more, not like when I was young when everything lasted forever.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    ........................................... not like when I was young when everything lasted forever.

Like Summer holidays when I was at primary school
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

no doubt things are mostly made to a price, and even more so to a time scale now. if its guarenteed for 2 years it will last 25 months
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Sounds like me when I dug out my old silicone dispenser to redo the bathroom. Surely if you use half a tube doing it, you can expect to save the other half to redo it 5 years later?

They just make stuff to throw away these days and make you buy more, not like when I was young when everything lasted forever.

Really don't know what to say to that. Oh yes I do - £2.50 a tube
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstysdad View Post
    Yes, that is an deliberately obscure title as clickbait... but bear with me.

I have an old three legged tubular metal equipment rack in the shed, and had an idea to employ it by filling the voids in the tubes with expanding foam to deaden the ringing and perhaps make it usable.

It did not go to plan... Having spent 2 hours cleaning hardened foam out of the applicator gun, I squished the foam liquid in only to have it eventually dribble out of the tubes, partially expanded in places, in others just smeary fluid, making a horrific mess of the kitchen table, the floor and me. Now have a headache from the solvent fumes.

Expiry date of the tin of foam was 2015!
    The people who sell expanding foam will also sell foam gun cleaner - it comes in an aerosol tin and fits onto the gun. A short blast clears the old foam double quick. Squirted onto unwanted foam, new or old, that shit will dissolve immediately

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Really don't know what to say to that. Oh yes I do - £2.50 a tube
    You're thinking of the cheap crap, I'm talking about the TOTL branded quick setting non mildew variety. I think it was £8.99 or something.

I'm Steve.

I sealed my bath with the "cheap crap" (the same stuff I use for upvc windows) but spent large on a decent extractor fan. That was about 5 years ago, still looking good No black spots or anything

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast