+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quad Vena II "Update" slot, help needed

I'm Nick.

Question Quad Vena II "Update" slot, help needed

I've recently purchased the Quad Vena II and have had no issues with it whatsoever. However, I have recently noticed that on the back it has a USB-A slot marked "Update" which I assumed was to allow you to put an update on a USB, plug it into the Vena and update the onboard 'software' or something of the like. My problem is I can't find any support regarding this feature so I'm not sure if this is a port left over from a previous Vena or Quad have now just stopped their updates.

Does anyone have a link to downloadable updates that I can load onto a USB and plug into the Vena?

Thanks in advance!
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Nick.

*UPDATE*

A few forum posts regarding other Quad products suggested that to gain the firmware updates, one has to email Quad directly to ask for them. I have done this now and await a reply...fingers crossed.
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm malcolm.

Thanks for the update. As I also have a Vena II so will be very interested in the reply.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Nick.

No reply from their team so no update unfortunately. Will maybe try again.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

tmk it isnt up and running; wont surprise me if it never is
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

This site mentions a DSD download for the Vena II DAC which is a pretty good upgrade if it works.

https://www.quad-hifi.co.uk/downloads/

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    This site mentions a DSD download for the Vena II DAC which is a pretty good upgrade if it works.

https://www.quad-hifi.co.uk/downloads/
    What exactly would that do? (I'm genuinely quite interested). And how do I install it?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    What exactly would that do? (I'm genuinely quite interested). And how do I install it?

I looked up Vena II and the website says it's DSD compatible. DSD being a high Res format that's used in SACD but also for high res file downloads (but not streaming yet as far as I'm aware).

Maybe early versions weren't DSD compatible so this allows the owner to upgrade to the latest software. But I'm not an expert on Quad gear!

I'm Grant.

it does dsd, or mine did(but not full).. the play version does streaming too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    it does dsd, or mine did(but not full).. the play version does streaming too
    So I don't have the play, I don't have a SACD player (or any SACDs for that matter)...so until I have any of them, I can ignore DSD and put this update slot in the "never use" catagory?

Because it sounds like if sites like Qobuz use DSD for their hi-res streaming (idk if they do), then no matter if I use Room on the Vena II, it's not going to be DSD?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast