+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quad Vena II "Update" slot, help needed

I'm Grant.

streaming sites dont use dsd tmk. The Vena 2 will play dsd up to 256..(quad dsd) ive played dsd 128(from my rsp)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    streaming sites dont use dsd tmk. The Vena 2 will play dsd up to 256..(quad dsd) ive played dsd 128(from my rsp)
    Honestly I think I just need to research DSD and find out what sources use DSD because I'm not familiar with it but if streaming services don't use it and there's no way to get DSD from a regular CD then I'm not missing out on anything from my two forms of media

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Grant.

sacd uses it. its 1 bit direct stream.. higher sample rates etc.. some say it sounds better... im not so sure it always does and am happy to use flac now
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nick.

sacd uses it. its 1 bit direct stream.. higher sample rates etc.. some say it sounds better... im not so sure it always does and am happy to use flac now
    Yeah I have a UHD Blu-ray player that plays SACD but the interface for music is almost unusable (although it's actually a decent front end for playing regular CDs, almost competes with a Mac playing FLAC imho). Problem is SACDs are so expensive and I have around 40 CDs I'd love to have a SACD version of so I guess it's one of those dragons I have to give up chasing.

Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Yeah I have a UHD Blu-ray player that plays SACD but the interface for music is almost unusable (although it's actually a decent front end for playing regular CDs, almost competes with a Mac playing FLAC imho). Problem is SACDs are so expensive and I have around 40 CDs I'd love to have a SACD version of so I guess it's one of those dragons I have to give up chasing.

ive a few sacd's in my collection, all i think are hybrids so have the cd on it too. with sacd in general only coming out of the analogue outs it kinda depends on the quality of the machine as to whether it sounds good. taking it from a digi out and you just get the cd version. After saying that, there are ways of doing it i think with hdmi audio removers. But tbh its a lot of effort and im not sure its worth the trouble. Flac/cd played well is well good enough as to have it all there
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nick.

ive a few sacd's in my collection, all i think are hybrids so have the cd on it too. with sacd in general only coming out of the analogue outs it kinda depends on the quality of the machine as to whether it sounds good. taking it from a digi out and you just get the cd version. After saying that, there are ways of doing it i think with hdmi audio removers. But tbh its a lot of effort and im not sure its worth the trouble. Flac/cd played well is well good enough as to have it all there
    Yeah I've heard that, I don't think the device I have that plays SACDs has an analogue output so I guess it would end up just playing the CD layer anyway so I don't feel too bad about missing out. I'm happy with my Zen streamer playing WAV any way so all is well!

I'm Lawrence.

Blu rays can output the DSD stream as PCM over HDMI. I think the only way to get the DSD data from the disc is to do one of those fernickerty PS2 or Oppo rips with some sort of "jailbreak" firmware update.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12