+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soncoz SGD-1 - Updating firmware

I'm Dawson.

Default Soncoz SGD-1 - Updating firmware

Hey everyone

After reading about this device over on ASR, I've been looking out for one to partner with my amps.

Today I took delivery of a used example, and wired it up without issues.

Sonically, I've no complaints whatsoever but I am having a hard time getting this thing to update (or try to update even).

1. First, I made a hotspot on my phone using the default SSID and passkey. After rebooting the SGD-1, I expected Android to show the device connected whilst the DAC connected/check for update. No devices connection reported at any point.

2. Assuming the previous owner changed the SSID / Passkey, I persued the alternative option of use "Esptouch" via my Android phone to re-configure the SGD-1's network settings.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US

After putting the DAC into config mode (all lights up) and with phone connected to my router's guest SSID, I entered my passkey into the Esptouch app but repeatedley received error "EspTouch failed"

I have repeated this process multiple times with 2 samsung galaxy phones, I even tried using the zipped APK verison of EspTouch hosted on Soncoz's website (sgd1-ota-network-config-esptouch.zip).

If anyone has successfully upgraded their SGD-1, I'd be grateful if you explain how you did so!

Thanks

I'm Dawson.

OK I've managed to put it right, it appears that EspTouch isn't compatible with my home router... Incase anyone else encounters similar issues, here's what to do (you need 2 wifi hot spot capable phones):

1. Setup hotspot on phone 1 to desired SSID / PSK (you could mirror your router's details, or as I prefer reset them back to ANIGS/12345678 default)

2. Install EspTouch on phone 2 ready for steps.

3. Disable mobile data on phone 2 and connect to phone 1's hotspot SSID. Test internet connectivity is OK.

4. Put SGD-1 into network config mode and launch EspTouch app on phone 2.

5. Esptouch will pick up phone 1's SSID, enter pass phrase set above. Success message will appear on EspTouch app.

6. Leave everything alone for 2 mins, disconnect phone 2 from hotspot and re-enable mobile data.

7. Hard reboot SGD-1 by pressing dial button in for 6 seconds, observe connected devices on mobile 1's hotspot screen. You should see the SGD-1 connecting to SSID for exactly 1 minute while it checks for updates.

I'm Chris.

This has prompted me to go and check the firmware status on mine. I remember it was a bit of a faff last time getting my head around it but did get there in the end. Will post how I get on later and method used.

+ Reply to Thread