+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tannoy - Magna Audio GRF Narrow Cabinets - Opinions?

I'm Alfie.

Default Tannoy - Magna Audio GRF Narrow Cabinets - Opinions?

Hi folks,

Are there any long term owners of Magna Audio Narrow GRF cabs on here?

I'd be keen to hear from anyone with long term experiences and ideally those who have either settled with them as speakers for life or those who moved on and why.

I am reading on various forums that some don't get on with GRFs but very little on the specifics of why that would be. Seems to be quite divisive.

I'm considering a scaled down pair (Steve says this is doable) for my 12" golds with rubber surrounds.

I'm Graham.

I owned a pair with HPD385 for a number of years. They produce an enormous amount of bass in both depth and quantity so a big room to avoid room interaction is recommended.

I loved the huge full sound but did struggle to tame the prodigious bass. But in a big enough room, this shouldn't be an issue.

However 315 Golds should be much more room friendly and much less likely to excite the room.

When I moved house to a place with a much smaller listening room, I sold them and bought the JBLs i still use.

I'm Alfie.

Thanks Graham. That’s helpful. Mine would be in quite a large open plan space with lots of glass, hard floors. Not ideal perhaps!

I thought there were quite a few folks here with these cabinets. Perhaps I have posted in the wrong section?

+ Reply to Thread