+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Room measuring

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    My gut reaction is the sub phase needs to invert, but you might just have big null, winding up the sub gain and cutting the lower end might work if your power amps are good.

Personally i would look at sweeps with the subs out then the speakers out and see what they looked like before moving on. With manual eq i found it really helps if one has base infornation on each speaker
    Well I have tried moving one of my subs around and playing with the phase ect but try as I might, I cannot get rid of the dip. I can only reduce it a bit or change where it dips. So must be in a null point. I will try your suggestions and see what is what.

I have ordered a minidsp 2 x 4HD anyway as an early birthday present. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by kininigin View Post
    Well I have tried moving one of my subs around and playing with the phase ect but try as I might, I cannot get rid of the dip. I can only reduce it a bit or change where it dips. So must be in a null point. I will try your suggestions and see what is what.

I have ordered a minidsp 2 x 4HD anyway as an early birthday present. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.
    That will be interesting.
    I've not used miniDSP.
    Have read about them a few times.
    Back in the day I went for WAF Najda 4/5 way dsp/XO/DAC.
    Never looked back. I even acquired a spare one, in case anything happened to the one I'm using!
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123