+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Croft preamp and cd vaiable volume control

I'm David.

Very grateful for all the input, links and advice. If I bite the bullet and sign up for the mods I'll keep you posted. One concern might be that the Oppo must be at least eight years old now. It's not been under any undue stress but these things obviously have a lifespan (as I found out with the Mark Levinson CD).
    Re forum etiquette, any thoughts on whether I could approach Gazjam for advice ? He's been pretty generous with info and pictures on the link Brian sent.
    Macca, I'll check yours out tomorrow thanks.
    I'm spending another evening with the music tonight. Decemberists as I type. There's not a single CD that isn't sounding better, and significantly so, though I've not got to Jive Bunny yet.
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Brian.

You have PM David .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    You have PM David .
    Thanks, Brian
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    I'm spending another evening with the music tonight. Decemberists as I type. There's not a single CD that isn't sounding better, and significantly so, though I've not got to Jive Bunny yet.
    Jive Bunny is the ultimate test for any system, the make or break. That's why you never hear it played at shows.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Jive Bunny is the ultimate test for any system, the make or break. That's why you never hear it played at shows.
    That's not the only reason

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Totally. I can't be the only one who started chasing serious sound quality after hearing the mighty JB.....

I'm Martin.

It's what spurred me on. At last I can hear it exactly as the artist intended. 'Hooked On Classics' sounds ace too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm David.

The genius of Bunny is impressive under any circumstances, but as I understand it the guy has been deaf from birth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123