+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Cambridge

I'm Luke.

Default Hi from Cambridge

Posting as its apparently necessary to post elsewhere.

I'm based in Cambridge, always had a soft spot for B&W and Denon but recently got my hands on some old school transmission line speakers which blew my mind and I very much doubt I'll ever be able to go back to 'standard' speakers

No favourite music here and enjoy a bit of everything at the right time but very much a fan of films and their soundtracks, nothing beats good spatial film audio, if I had to give an example, Kingdom of Heaven comes to mind right away.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Luke. Welcome to AOS.

Which TL speakers did you get? They can be impressive.

Join in any chat that interests you, there's a lot going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Luke.

Got a pair of TDL Studio 2s, they are spectacular speakers and work really well with my B&W DM110, I've got them as front speakers instead of a pair of DM110, there is another pair of DM110 at the rear, big Polk Audio center, a fairly large KEF 30B Sub and two old school Wharfedale as surround back. Literally every speaker sound so much better with these TDL speakers but the DM110 just sound like it was designed to work with the TDLs. All of it is beautifully driven by my old school Denon AVR optical
    I've never heard of TL speakers until recently and got them accidentally and pretty much free. I will be definitely keeping them, I've built my custom multimedia cabinet from scratch a few months ago and will have to redo the sides to fit the Studios but that's already decided. I've been enjoying Pat Metheny - Secret Story today and its like listening to a new album with this new setup, I'm chuffed to bits

I'm Grant.

Welcome Like. Yup transmissions have a great bass
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Luke,

Pleased you are enjoying your TDL transmission line speakers, but in saying you have a soft spot for B&W designs, did you not listen to the B&W DM2 and DM2a (also transmission-line designs)?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Luke.

Hi Barry,

I did not, to be honest I wasn't even aware of transmission line speakers until recently but very happy to finally find these TDL speakers, they sound amazing and now sit in my rebuilt custom media cabinet.
    I'll make sure to keep an eye for these B&Ws too, its down to personal preference but I always liked B&W sound, its got that specific warmth to it which drawn me to them and I even got a set of PX7 recently and can say that all of their products that I've ever used produce this very specific warm sound, from 1980 speakers to 2020 headphones

+ Reply to Thread