+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from chesterfield

I'm Graeme.

Default Hi from chesterfield

Hi.
    I was a member here a good few years ago but didn't post much. I've just 're registered.
    Thought I'd post an introduction and give a brief run down of my current system.

I use a Lenco l70, slightly modified with an audio technica at1005 arm. This has/had a rega apheta cartridge.
    I also have the guts of a technical sl150 in a lightweight plinth with an air bearing tonearm.

These play through denon sut's into a diy valve Phono.
    I use a diy mercury relay passive pre with a diy stepped attenuator.

Amplification is el84 pp.

Speakers are 10" tannoy dual concentrics in custom cabinets.
    Last edited by Graemevw; 03-02-2021 at 07:35.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi Graeme,
    Welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graemevw View Post
    Hi.
    I was a member here a good few years ago but didn't post much. I've just 're registered.
    Thought I'd post an introduction and give a brief run down of my current system.

I use a Lenco l70, slightly modified with an audio technical at1009 arm. This has/had a rega apheta cartridge.
    I also have the guts of a technical sl150 in a lightweight plinth with an air bearing tonearm.

These play through denon sut's into a dog valve Phono.
    I use a dog mercury relay passive pre with a dog stepped attenuator.

Amplification is el84 pp.

Speakers are 10" tannoy dual concentrics in custom cabinets.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Graeme.

Thanks

I was way more active on the forums when I was still building equipment, but I've just be listening for the last 5 years or so.
    Been happy with my system and just enjoying things, right up untill my rega aphetas cantilever got broken!
    Now I'm looking for a new cart I'm finding I need some help, but I've started another post about that.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Graeme. Welcome back.

Interesting system you have there.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by Graemevw View Post
    Thanks

I was way more active on the forums when I was still building equipment, but I've just be listening for the last 5 years or so.
    Been happy with my system and just enjoying things, right up untill my rega aphetas cantilever got broken!
    Now I'm looking for a new cart I'm finding I need some help, but I've started another post about that.
    Thanks.
    Your post made me 're read my initial post, which made me realise all the auto correct spelling mistakes! ��

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome back to AoS Graeme.

I thought about building a preamp using mercury wetted relays for the source selection many years ago, when such items were readily available, but sadly it was another one of those projects that never got off the ground. Good to read you succeeded.

What are your tases in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread