+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the name of that Youfannis bloke wot makes phono leads

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    The new Technics turntables are self-grounded via the mains plug, you don't really need an earth lead if you're using the stock tonearm which is grounded to the chassis.
    Thanks Pavel, at the moment I'm actually using a standard kettle lead as the Technics one was a bit short, still no buzz!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Thanks Pavel, at the moment I'm actually using a standard kettle lead as the Technics one was a bit short, still no buzz!
    That's because in theory all IEC kettle leads should be grounded?

I'm guy.

Depends on what your current cable is like

I bought a Canare mini starquad tonearm cable from Yannis to replace an old/original Linn arm cable on my Ittok (no idea what the original cable was, other than stock Linn at the time).
    Change has bought about much improved clarity to replay (and a smile to my face).
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Is it likely to make a difference or should I spend my £40 on a trip to Tesco?
    Take your money to Aldi (other discounters are available) and get a whole lot more for your money.
    Save enough for some more hi-fi or even some music (digital or analogue, your choice).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12