+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for February!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I presume that was a joke?

Marco.
    lol I know you'd never do it. I probably would though. Or I'd just let the grass grow into a meadow. You could do that with just a section of it. Say 15 foot by 10. Just don't mow it, you get wildflowers and butterflies and all sorts in it. The cats will love it too. Perfect time of year to start it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - I know what you mean, but you're forgetting about the WANTS of the princess who's living with me...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Lol - there you go, wishing your life away again!

Was a gorgeous day here all day, with pretty much non-stop sunshine (and 12C). Yes, a slight nip in the air, but great walking weather, which Del and I enjoyed, and went on a nice 4-mile one

Gardening day tomorrow, as the weeds are starting to pop up again! Won't be long again until the grass needs cutting

Marco [doesn't need it breezy to be happy, as he is full of wind anyway].
    Yeah, gardening will be starting for us in the next week or two, or rather for Anita, while i sit on my arse with me Kindle Or I may tax the bike and get out from under her feet.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Lol... How far can you go though during lockdown? I'd love to go for a run in the Brabster, but want to do at least 50 miles! Snowdonia beckons, as soon as we're able

So, I take it you're not a gardener?

We love it - well Del still prefers shopping But she likes the garden looking nice too, and more importantly this year working more for us, so we can become more self-sufficient, so raised beds, bigger veg patch, a chicken run and a stone-built pizza oven, will be introduced, along with Del's plans for 'her' patio/bar and hot-tub area, to share with her mates.

If I'm lucky, I'll get to sort the choons and the cocktails!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I'm sure the mileage restrictions will be eased soon enough, and when they are the Pony Express will be ready

No, definitely not a gardener - gardens are nice, gardening is shit. Maybe when I'm too old to ride, and want to slow down, and have a bit of a stoop, and the stereo's broke, and there's nothing on telly, and Anita holds a gun to my head, I'll still say bollocks to gardening

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Hahaha - well we find it rather therapeutic. Nothing nicer that working away for a while, tidying up and/or planting some new flowers, or whatever, and sitting back and admiring the fruits of your labours

I guess it's in your blood or not, and both Del and I were brought up with gardening (and big gardens), as our parents were really into it. 14 new houses have since been built on the grounds of the house she was brought up in.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Hahaha - well we find it rather therapeutic. Nothing nicer that working away for a while, tidying up and/or planting some new flowers, or whatever, and sitting back and admiring the fruits of your labours

I guess it's in your blood or not, and both Del and I were brought up with gardening (and big gardens), as our parents were really into it. 14 new houses have since been built on the grounds of the house she was brought up in.

Marco.
    I don't mind sitting back and enjoying the fruits of Mrs. P's labours, But I wouldn't go so far as to say there's nothing nicer... Give it another 20 years I may see it differently

T'other system:

A/V:

Lol - I'm much younger than you, and Del even more so, and we enjoy it, so it's not just for old folks!

I've got mates in their 30s who love growing their own produce, veg, herbs [not just *those*] and stuff

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

But I wasn't talking about growing fruit or vegetables (I'd give that a go). Just gardening. And you're not necessarily younger than me, just born later. Which is not the same thing

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

I trust that when you're doing your gardening, you have one of those spongey mats to kneel on. You have to look after your knees old chap

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast