+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sample rate and QED 'Graphite' optical cable

I'm Rockabilly.

Rightio, here are the scores on the board.

Chromecast Audio @ 96kHz and above > QED Graphite or Fisual Pearl toslink> Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 = correct operation, no audible distortion, personable and handsome

Chromecast Audio @ 96kHz and above > Graphite > Rega DAC = harrowing distorted mess, macabre and sickening

Chromecast Audio @ 96kHz and above > Pearl > Rega DAC = discommoding distorted dirtiness but source material is identifiable

Squeezebox Touch @ 96kHz and above > Graphite or Pearl > Rega DAC = correct operation, no audible distortion, bewitching and lovesome

My conclusions are:
    i) the Rega and CcA partnership is doomed,
    ii) the cable choice has some impact on the Rega and CcA combination but it's not the fundamental cause of the problem,
    iii) the Bushmaster acquits itself very well and is one hell of a competent DAC for the money. I happen to prefer the sonics of the Rega but that's a subjective opinion,
    iv) the convenience of Chromecasting aside, this occurrence has reminded me of how rewarding the Squeezebox is as a transport.

I factory reset all of my Logitech settings, updated firmware and software, and set-up the Touch and LMS from scratch.
    I configured all of the settings for optimal sound quality. You know, the EDO, etc.

I plumbed in:
    Squeezer > Squeezebox Touch > Mark Grant/Van Damme 75ohm coaxial > Rega DAC

Hooray! I'm enjoying the music.
    Last edited by camtwister; 05-02-2021 at 12:31. Reason: tarting it up
    Johnny Dodgem.

Cartridges vintage MMs including Pickering xsv-4000/xsv-3000 : Stanton 881s/D81 : AT140LC/VMN40ML
    Spinners hot rod 1210 (Jelco 750D, Origami, Ammonite, Longdog, Vantage, Achromats) : Pye G63 & Garrard AT6 : Two full custom Lencos : Kenwood KD-650D
    Streaming Qobuz : BluOS & Node2 (Fidelity Audio modified) : RME ADI-2 DAC
    Pre-amps Tron Seven (GT modified) : Conrad Johnson EV1 : Croft Micro 25 : Decware ZStage
    Power Amps PrimaLuna ProLogue 5 (KT120) : PrimaLuna ProLogue 4 (KT77)
    Speakers The Edingdale : Meadowlark Hot Rod Shearwater

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123