Got these today, has anyone tried them before? Took a punt as they were described as not working but they play well with my headphone amp if a little quieter than usual with dynamics. I'm particularly pleased that there is no apparent channel imbalance.

Weight wise they are a bit heavy as they are quite chunky, and contain the transformers in the cups, unlike the ESP9s with a separate energiser. However, as I listen mainly at night lying in bed that shouldn't be an issue.

There is not as much bass as I'd like but then the gel pads have shrunk as usual, so the phones are right next to the ear. I imagine even a pair of HD600s would sound bass light if you took the pads off and played them close to the ear like that. I've ordered a pair of nice looking large generic hemp pads off eBay that I hope will fit.

Will also try and run them off a speaker amp if I can find an old QED cable to jack adaptor I've got somewhere. Am running in for a while to "charge up" but I am already feeling positive about the sound, esp the mids and treble.

I'm sure they'll also benefit from a little light restoration, but from research online, opening them up can quickly become a can of worms.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk