+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluesound Node 2i

I'm Simon.

Default Bluesound Node 2i

I just got my hifi back after 20 years. Bought a new Rega RP6 , Elex R amp, really pleased. I then wanted more music available so bought a Bluesound node 2I and using spotify. It's amazing, better than some of the vinyl pressings and I can't tell the difference on the better recordings. If I would have known this a month ago I probably wouldn't have bought the Rega and that isn't knocking the Rega. As Terry Wogan used to say 'is it me'? £499 for magic in a box..

I'm sorted.

Had a similar experience with the Bluesound using Tidal. Through a Chord Hugo TT dac it’s a revelation, my Cyrus CDT & Garrard 401 don’t get a look in.

I'm Simon.

Yes I'm thinking of going for Tidal, are you doing the £20 a month high resolution scheme? Thanks.

I'm sorted.

Yes, went for the cd quality option and have been very pleased with it. There’s a thirty day free trial so you can ‘try before you buy’.

I'm Simon.

Thanks Roy

I'm Ben.

Love my Node 2i, its just so simple and yet sounds great. Its a real bargain for what it is.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Mike.

Default Bluesound Node 2i

Remember to check the content on Tidal AND Qobuz as they might have different access to artists, I usually do a search of my favourite artists on each service before committing to payment. Tidal is quite US orientated for obvious reasons and tends to favour Rap on their main screens, Qobuz is more Classical.

I dropped both as they are both so so for Electronic and Prog.

Use a free VPN service to sign up from ‘another’ country and use PayPal for payment, helps keep the cost down

I'm sorted.

Their after sale service is excellent to, thought I had a problem with one of the outputs on the Bluesound (it later transpired it was my dac), their 'support crew' were very helpful.

I'm Matt.

The node 2i is a cracking thing. Very decent sound & one of the best control apps as well. Can it be beaten?
    Well yes, but probably only by spending probably twice as much or so.
    Going through a separate better DAC is probably the best step up, as my opinion is that the biggest upgrades with digital stuff is with the DAC. There are differences with the streamer side, but relatively small compared to the DAC.
    There are plenty of other sub £1k streamer/DACs but a lot of them have clunky apps or rely on 3rd party apps so they don’t have control over app development.
    In the OP’s set up, Spotify will be the bottle-neck. Step up to Tidal or Qobuz to maximise what the Node can do.

I'm Simon.

Thanks everyone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast