+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sansui XP99 Cartridge

I'm Russell.

Default Sansui XP99 Cartridge

Looking to change the cartridge on a Sansui XP99, direct drive TT.

Currently got a modded Denon 103r on there which sounds good however as you can’t adjust the VTA on this table, I think it’s a little deep as can’t get the arm parallel so looking for a change.

Originally supplied with an AT3100S according to the manual which is no longer available so thinking of sticking with the AT lineage, but which?

The headshell is different to the usual ones I’ve seen and was originally an ADC however this one is an AT as pictured below. Can anyone tell me what fitting this so I can look for other headshells to fit to save me swapping out cartridges all the time?

Thanks.

I'm Geoff.

It's the same headshell fitting as many Japanese made lower mass arms of the time, like some ADC and Linn models for instance. They are not ideally suited for use with most MC carts, so adding a headshell weight helps. I see you appear to have one fitted.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Russell.

Thanks Geoff. Yes the 103r has been modded to remove the plastic housing and add the weight as can be seen. Problem is it's now making it too deep as can't adjust VTA.

+ Reply to Thread