+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good morning everyone...

I'm Martin.

Default Good morning everyone...

As requested, here is my first post !

I have a longstanding interest in HiFi that I 'inherited' from my Dad who sadly passed away 6 years ago. My own, home system consists of a Pink Triangle Export turntable, Rega 300B arm and Sumiko Blue Point Special cartridge feeding a Meridian 502 pre-amp and a pair of Meridian DSP33 active loudspeakers.

I must admit that the pressures of family life mean that its not in the best location and would benefit from a bit of tweaking.... maybe a task for retirement.

I have also recently inherited my Dads system after the recent death of my Mum.... and will be posting about this in other threads. This system consists of a Garrard 301 turntable with bespoke home made valve phono stage pre-amp [with discreet valve PSU] directly driving a pair of valve 300B-based class A mono block power amps (again home made) which feed a pair of Lowther TP1-Isis speakers. Additional Meridian-based CD / tuner / pre-amp surround processor / power amp / rear channel [Rogers LS35A] components take care of the digital domain.

I havent the space to home my Dads system so will be trying to sell much of this on over the coming months.... but again. This is grist for other threads.

Music wise - I have a strange mix of 70's pop/rock, 90's dance/house and classical music records. My dad has a collection of over 5000 mostly classical records, many of which I am now listing on Discogs for sale where I trade as Flyguy... if anyone's interested.

Many thanks indeed for your attention, its great to join the community...

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Martin.

Nice introduction - you have two fine sounding systems. I can't imagine you will have any trouble selling your late father's system, as it comprises some very nice items, namely the 301, the Lowther TP-1 speakers and the Meridian gear with Rogers LS3/5.

Good luck with the sale of the records.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Welcome Martin.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Rob.

Hi Martin, good intro. I was not aware of the model no of the Lowthers you listed and so looked them up. I have seen these particular speaker before and I think that they should be seen in all their glory. Remind me of the stature of Klipsch Horns and Altec Lansing models. Not sure that I would want to sell them meself.

Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Martin.

Yes, they are huge ! Horn loaded corner speakers with a single full range EX4 drive unit. Very sensitive and a great sound....

This is want my Dads pair look like:

https://ibb.co/WD4gXmh

In fact... the grain pattern of my Dads right hand speaker looks to be identical to the picture Puffin posted above !
    Last edited by Flyguy; 22-01-2021 at 21:07.

I'm brian.

Wow ! Doubles up as lovely corner units as well. What women would kick you out with them in situ lol

+ Reply to Thread