Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Apologies for the late reply... Well, I think they also do them in black, but best to check

And yes, you really need a solid wall and for it to be fixed super-securely. I got DarrenHW (of this parish) to fit mine, as he's a builder and did a superb job of it, far better than the dog's dinner I'd have made of it! You're handy though, so I'm sure you'd be fine.

Follow the thread here (post 10 is particularly useful):https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ble+wall+shelf ] and you'll be able to read what he secured it with (Thunderbolt fasteners). However, in terms of isolating any turntable from the effects of its surrounding environment, and maximising sonics, a well-designed and solid wall shelf, IME, has no equals

Marco.
Yes they do them in black, I'd checked. But it is all a bit pricey by the time you select the largest size (my deck is a big heavy lump) which makes it £273. The black option then bumps the price to £383. But it's so good looking it's ruined other shelfs for me. So I'll look out for a used one and paint it meself if it's the wrong colour

And yeah I could fit it myself, I'm the thunderbolt master (according to all the women). Get through dozens every week (thunderbolts, not women)