+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Khozmo passive preamp - shunt style with remote

I'm Robert.

Default Khozmo passive preamp - shunt style with remote

Khozmo passive preamp - shunt style with remote

Khozmo is well regarded as we know. This preamp is a little different to most of Khozmo’s offerings as it was a bespoke request.

First off it is a shunt style based on relays (not in the pot) - hence the board in the photos. I had a similar preamp off Arek in 2019 where he stated it was the best sounded attenuator he made at the time.

But I have an active/passive Hattor Mini preamp and a Big tubed and fully specc’d on the way (was for a mate but it may be mine instead - hopefully), so no need for this unit as well. 3 pre’s is too many.

In this Khozmo, the resistors are Vishay thin foil MELF - ultra low noise. Very clean but not on the warmer sounding side of resistors.

Loading resistors are the upgrade option of Z-Foil naked types, loaded to 25K. An easy swap out for different values if 25K does not suit.

64 steps to the attenuation with remote control. The remote itself has a dimmer switch to vary the led brightness or to turn off the led’s. There is a standby function as well as a mute button.

Only one input though as there was no need for more, so bypassed a selector switch and associated circuit.

All incredibly transparent preamp!

In excellent condition.

£395 including U.K. post.

I'm Robert.

Lots of interest and emails via the Bay...

£375 posted

I'm Robert.

Bump

I'm Robert.

Sold
    Last edited by Open Door; 02-02-2021 at 13:56.

+ Reply to Thread