+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting my Cyrus Pre-Amp to my Plasma TV

I'm Steve.

Unhappy Connecting my Cyrus Pre-Amp to my Plasma TV

Hi all,
    I have recently purchased a Cyrus Pre preamplifier and two Cyrus Power power amplifiers. I am just using the pre-amp and one power amp at the moment. They are driving a pair of Tannoy Revolution R3 speakers. I have the setup connected to my computer so I can play some music files for the time being until I get a dedicated Cyrus CD player.

I have a Samsung PS43F4500AW Plasma TV that I want to connect to my new hi-fi to the Plasma TV. The trouble is that I have the Aux input connected to the computer, I have tried the VI and SP inputs, and I'm pretty sure that I have connected the interconnect cable correctly to the back of the TV.

When I set the TV to play external speakers, I don't get any sound.. I used to be able to do it via optical cable with a special adaptor, so I might try that when I get a more than 6 plug power extension.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Steve

I'm Martin.

which Cyrus pre-amp?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Kevin.

A Cyrus IIIi?

The Cyrus IIIi has inputs for CD Player -CD, a tuner - TU, a Home Theatre decoder - VI and two auxiliary inputs - AU and SP which can be used to connect a wide variety of products. Check the specification of these products before connecting to your Cyrus IIIi.
    Try putting the PC through the same input. it is does not work, then the issue is not with the pre-amp.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Steve.

Hi guys,
    It isn't a Cyrus III, it is just called Cyrus Pre
    Here is a link to the Cyrus legacy manuals.
    My amp is the bottom one: https://www.cyrusaudio.com/support/o...pre-amps-dacs/

Kind regards,
    Steve

I'm Martin.

Could be a few things but probably not the pre as it should work through either of the inputs you tried.

When I had this issue it turned out to be a blown fuse in the TV, although it worked perfectly otherwise.

Do you know that the interconnects are working? Cables can just fail for no obvious reason.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Hi guys,
    I tried my computer cable through the spare input of the pre, and it still works, so it will probably be safe to say that it isn't the amplifier. I even tried to use my optical cable adaptor that I used previously on my old all in one system and that didn't work either. Thankfully I have a guy downstairs that has a speciality of repairing tv's, so I can ask him to have a look after the lock-down.

Regards,
    Steve

I'm Kevin.

According to the manual https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...?page=7#manual
    You don't have RCA out connectors. Only inputs.
    You need to use an optical cable, through a DAC.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Steve.

Hi CageyH,
    So would I be able to get away with getting a Cyrus CD player with a optical output connected to the TV?

Regards,
    Steve

I'm Edward.

Like Kevin says you don't have RCA audio outputs on your TV. The only audio outputs from your TV are via either Toslink or HDMI. You can either use a DAC (but which must have a Toslink input) or a cheap adaptor (either Toslink to RCA or HDMI to RCA). Many cheap ones on sites such as Amazon or eBay. You then route the RCA output to your preamp to any of its inputs (other than phono/Turntable if it has it).

Not sure why your "optical cable adaptor" did not work. What is it and how did you connect it up?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Edward.

Steve, just double checking. Are you trying to get audio from your TV to play on your HiFi? Not the other way round? You question about connecting your CD player to your TV indicates that perhaps you are trying to have your TV play audio from your hifi.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast