+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Hadcock 228 Super Arm Uni-Lift MK III

I'm Martin.

Default FS: Hadcock 228 Super Arm Uni-Lift MK III

For sale: Hadcock 228 Super Arm Uni-Lift MKIII unipivot tonearm serial number 4608.

Made in England, 1978 model.

Complete with original box, additional counter weights, both bias weights, original instructions, allen keys for adjustments, original warranty card and alignment protractor.

The arm has been rewired. internal wiring is in lightweight copper and silk Litz wire. The original captive phono lead has been replaced with OFC phono cable and gold plated phono plugs.

I have fitted bespoke machined Beryllium copper sprung cartridge tags.

I have replaced the original counter weight stub rubber bush on the bearing side with a new bush made from silicon rubber tubing, original (hardened) rubber stub bush is included. The original rubber bush in the counterweight has not been replaced. I have fitted new rubber mounting washers for the threaded pillar mount.

The arm is pictured on my Palmer 2.5 turntable (not included in the sale).

Caveats!

This is an early version of the Hadcock 228.

There is no silicon fluid included for the damping well, this can bought online and I will include the original empty filling syringe if needed.

The Hadcock requires careful handling and it is fiddly to set up, but once installed correctly it performs superbly well. I used it on my Palmer with a Goldring 1042 and it sounded excellent.

Anyone contemplating a purchase should bear in mind that some patience is needed to set this up correctly.

The arm wand cannot be separated from the bearing pillar as all the wiring is captive.

Fine adjustment of azimuth has to done by twisting the counterweight either to the left or the right to balance the headshell in a horizontal position, at the same time maintaining balance or VTF.

£155 plus shipping cost. Postage to UK only.

Last edited by disarmamant; 20-01-2021 at 10:59.

I'm Macklow.

Fantastic sounding arm, and a brilliant starting point for modding - fitting the XTC counterweight (available via eBay) makes setup far easier - I have actually gone way beyond this with my mods, but it sounds amazing even in stock form - an excellent match for the Cartridge Man carts - MH

I'm Jacques.

Bargain alert!
    If it's broke fix it.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSky View Post
    Fantastic sounding arm, and a brilliant starting point for modding - fitting the XTC counterweight (available via eBay) makes setup far easier - I have actually gone way beyond this with my mods, but it sounds amazing even in stock form - an excellent match for the Cartridge Man carts - MH
    Yes, I use xtc counter on my mayware arm.... really good.The haddy like my mayware also sounds brilliant with Decca cartridges, apparently. Good luck with sale

I'm Geoff.

Very nice arm at an attractive price. It will be snapped up!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Some additional information I forgot to put in my original for sale post.

The arm tube is aluminium.

The pivot bearing is the four ball type.

I'm Martin.

Sold subject to payment etc.

+ Reply to Thread