+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wharfedale Linton Heritage; What amps are being used

I'm Colin.

Default Wharfedale Linton Heritage; What amps are being used

I have a pair of Wharefdale Linton (new version)speakers that i am currently using with a Quad Artera pre and power on them. I am thinking about a change back to an integrated and wondered who else has the speakers and what they use. i don't think the Quads are really getting the best from them. I have heard them sound ,say sharper. So looking at possibly, Luxman,Accuphase,Canor any other suggestions.Will arrange a demo in near future but always good to have some input. Gato was another amp and possibly say Ming Da Piccolo . Would be good if it had an MM input . Most of this stuff would be ex den or second hand would love to try a Leben but they are not too common .

any input appreciated.

Colin

I'm Phil.

midland audio has a leben integrated if you want but not sure if it would be ok with the lintons
    When words are many , sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise . prov 10

I'm Colin.

Thanks I think it’s the cs300 which I think may be slightly underpowered.

Colin

I'm Phil.

Yes I think so sadly
    When words are many , sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise . prov 10

I'm Phil.

If you look on pink fish shrink in Edinburgh has just listed his 5 month old 505 11 luxman at 3k .some lovely stuff

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    If you look on pink fish shrink in Edinburgh has just listed his 5 month old 505 11 luxman at 3k .some lovely stuff
    Luxman is a good choice. Mine has driven various speakers (PMC, ATC, B&W, Harbeth) over several years and keeps bass in control. Not tried with Lintons though. MM input works well too.
    GyroDec 2M Black, Amplification: Luxman 505ux.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth HL-K6

Quad 99 CD, Amplifier: Teac A H 500i, Loudspeakers: SCM11

Receiver: Teac CR H500, Loudspeakers: B&W CDM 1NT

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    I have a pair of Wharefdale Linton (new version)speakers that i am currently using with a Quad Artera pre and power on them. I am thinking about a change back to an integrated and wondered who else has the speakers and what they use. i don't think the Quads are really getting the best from them. I have heard them sound ,say sharper. So looking at possibly, Luxman,Accuphase,Canor any other suggestions.Will arrange a demo in near future but always good to have some input. Gato was another amp and possibly say Ming Da Piccolo . Would be good if it had an MM input . Most of this stuff would be ex den or second hand would love to try a Leben but they are not too common .

any input appreciated.

Colin

The Quad Artera pre + power are very good and you can pay a whole lot more and get worse.

The Ming Da and Leben aren't really suitable.

What is your budget ?

I'm Colin.

I would go £2000 to 2500 even a bit more if right amp. I loved my Luxman but want to hear on the end of some speakers but I am open to suggestions

Colin

I'm Colin.

Don’t disagree with comments on Quad I like them but I just think they are not best match for wharfedales.

I'm John.

I heard the Quad Vena and Audiolab 6000A with the Lintons. Quad was nice but a bit Radio 4. Audiolab was punchier and more upbeat but by no means uncouth. Nice combo. Rega Elex-R would be excellent too I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast