+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wharfedale Linton Heritage; What amps are being used

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Colin.

I looked back over reviews to see what amps were used. Quite a few were valve integrated including icon audio and prima Luna. Line magnetic was used which is an interesting manufacturer there is a Uk dealer but prices are vastly higher than outside Uk. I had a prima Luna power amp two or three amps ago with triangle speakers.
    Not going to rush this want to get the combination right

I'm Colin.

Well the loaned amplifier arrived last week but today was the first day I got it temporarily set up to have a listen. Started at 9.30 and eventually switched off at 5pm. The amp is a Cayin cs55a with dac and phono stage. Eventually my wife and son were sitting picking music . From ozzy through to bluegrass. Some Lou Reed , Shires , some prog genesis , two of my favourite albums Stomu Yamashta and 801 live and some of my sons more interesting music. It didn’t really favour one or other. I even had Adele on. Don’t think I have enjoyed a session so much for a long time

Tomorrow I will just use the phono all day . Have to admit incredibly musical and really worked with the speakers. Great bass and soundstage couldn’t make my mind up with triode or ultra linear but nice to have choice. Looking forward to tomorrow. Not often my wife sits and listens for a couple of hours

+ Reply to Thread