+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Densen DM30 power Amp, A+ condition and recently serviced.

I'm Gary.

Default FS: Densen DM30 power Amp, A+ condition and recently serviced.

Recently serviced Densen DM30 power amp for sale.

Bought this recently 2020 as third owner from new, full service by JSL Electronics Glasgow September 2020.

Looking for what I paid for it, £675 shipped, U.K. only
    (A reminder that the amp has been recently serviced at additional cost since I bought it.)
    Thanks.

Have the matching DM20 pre-amp and wanted to try the classic “air-guitar” combination for myself?

Was a blast, loved it.

Would categorise the poweramp sound as grain free and almost valve like in that it’s mids are as wide open as you could ever want, and really draws you in to the performance.
    Other reviews for reference of the DM30 here:
    http://www.audioreview.com/product/a...sen/dm-30.html

Pictured with its matching Preamp.

Full Synergy though isn’t always just the amps, but with speakers and cabling too.
    Everything works together.

Having spent months trying 4 different combinations of pre and power amp with my speakers, I’ve concluded that the Densen Pre along with my big Meridian 557 gelled best with my speakers in my system.
    Only reason for the sale, it’s keep the Densen and change the speakers (Expensive!) or use a different power amp I already own.

This is maybe one of the best looked after examples of this amp available, and hard to find.
    People tend to keep them once they hear what it can do.
    This one is recently serviced with zero dings scrapes of signs of heavy use. . 1” thick acrylic front panel in fantastic condition, looks new in fact.
    Third owner from new and every one that’s owned it has looked after it.
    Only thing is that some the screen printing on the lid has came away slightly in places, but there’s zero scratches on the brushed aluminium lid.
    Densen Logo is intact though. (See pic)

I will miss this amp.

But unless I change my speakers, the Meridian gives a slightly different flavour with my current speakers that works better in my room.

The DM30 sounds awesome into both preamps I own,
    Big powerful expansive soundstage, valve amp clarity with the missing get up n go some valve amps miss.
    Bass is solid and drives the tune well.

Some Specs:
    Heavy solid aluminium chassis
    Dual Mono, zero feedback design in 1 box
    Twin toroidal transformers with doubling up of power 8ohm - 4 ohm.
    100 watts into 8 Ohms
    200 watts into 4 ohms

Solid heavy construction: 14.5Kg / 32 Lbs weight.
    Looking for what I paid for it £675 shipped, U.K. only
    A reminder that the amp has been recently serviced, at additional cost since I bought it.
    Thanks.

Thread worthless without pics so here we go.

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

more pics gaz please

good amp that; shame your not keeping
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    more pics gaz please

good amp that; shame your not keeping
    I hear ya Grant...

Been gnashing my teeth over this one for Months, will miss this amp.
    May regret it who knows, but life goes on.
    Plumbed in both my power amps several times over course of last few months and they are as good as each other, just a slightly different flavour of sound with my current speakers and setup.

Its 99.9% worth changing my speakers to get the amp working better in the room, (synergy with the pre is magical) but would be hella expensive to do, and I feel I’m hitting the wall of diminishing returns as is.

So...
    is what it is.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quality kit Densen. I remember it well.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    I hear ya Grant...

Been gnashing my teeth over this one for Months, will miss this amp.
    May regret it who knows, but life goes on.
    Plumbed in both my power amps several times over course of last few months and they are as good as each other, just a slightly different flavour of sound with my current speakers and setup.

Its 99.9% worth changing my speakers to get the amp working better in the room, (synergy with the pre is magical) but would be hella expensive to do, and I feel I’m hitting the wall of diminishing returns as is.

So...
    is what it is.
    im only seeing one picture. the open shot gary..????
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    im only seeing one picture. the open shot gary..????
    I can see several photos Grant
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Gary.

6 photos in all Grant.
    5 after I said “Thread worthless without pics so here we go.”
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I can see all the photos. Lovely piece of kit. Good luck with the sale Gary.
    Barry

I'm Gary.

Cheers Barry!
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Edward.

Wonderful looking amp. Spot on aesthetic.

My understanding that Densen Denmark offer either a lifetime warranty to the original owner or a fixed price repair of DKK500 (approximately £60 which includes shipping back to customer) for used items. They often waive this nominal charge. So whoever buys this can be confident.

GLWS
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast