+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck on finding remote control

I'm Chris.

Default Stuck on finding remote control

Hi all

Apologies for not posting in a while, have been sort of hectic with life!

Anyway, new hi-fi day and I have decided to try and find the remote control.

The system comprises of TEAC A-H300MK2 and PD-H300.

I've found a couple of models of Remote Control that I think work but would like to confirm - it's not clear which one I need to control the amp and CD Player.

RC-711 and RC-957.

Thanks in advance.
    Adios for Now,

Chris.

I'm Rob.

Have you tried a Logitech Harmony remote control? I love the basic models. We use a Harmony 350 for our TV/DVD/PVR, and I have a Harmony 650 which I use with my Hi-Fi which, depending on components (it worked well with a Bryston BDA-1 that has a remote that costs an arm and a leg), has been a godsend.

They work well and are easy to program (if you have a Windows PC at least, and I expect the same with a Mac. Most of my PCs use Linux, so I have to use my wife's laptop to program my remotes). Large database of devices makes it a simple case of choosing the devices you wish to connect to and away you go.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    Have you tried a Logitech Harmony remote control? I love the basic models. We use a Harmony 350 for our TV/DVD/PVR, and I have a Harmony 650 which I use with my Hi-Fi which, depending on components (it worked well with a Bryston BDA-1 that has a remote that costs an arm and a leg), has been a godsend.

They work well and are easy to program (if you have a Windows PC at least, and I expect the same with a Mac. Most of my PCs use Linux, so I have to use my wife's laptop to program my remotes). Large database of devices makes it a simple case of choosing the devices you wish to connect to and away you go.
    That looks great, however, I think I would like to stick with the TEAC remote as I can see my kids breaking that Logitech Harmony lol or losing it!
    Thanks though - that might be useful for my TV Upstairs!
    Adios for Now,

Chris.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

How about a One-for-All? Cheap, well made, masses of features and a vast amount of preset codes in the book. I use one to control my whole system, fully assignable buttons to any command.

Great little units.

I'm Geoff.

If you can't find the individual remotes, you may find a multi-unit system remote control from the same series will work.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

The RC-957 is the one you need. It was the original remote supplied with the A-H300MK2 and also controls the matching components (I just looked it up for you).

I'm Mike.

They often fall down the side of the sofa, check there.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    The RC-957 is the one you need. It was the original remote supplied with the A-H300MK2 and also controls the matching components (I just looked it up for you).

Thanks mate just found one on ebay and bought it.... £35 quid mind!!

I looked it up as well and also saw the RC-711 was also supplied with the 300mk2, namely, if you bought it with MiniDisc deck.
    Adios for Now,

Chris.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Nice. Let’s hope it works well.

On the whole almost any remote will work within a manufacturer’s range, and often more. I had an Audiolab remote and found it worked with Marantz, Philips and several other components too.

You should be right with the 957.

I'm bernard.

Chris
    Have a look at this web site
    Remote- control-world.eu
    Delivered to you door at a very reasonable price

Bernie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast