+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roon Remote App Continually Losing Connection To Core....

I'm Russell.

Default Roon Remote App Continually Losing Connection To Core....

Anybody else suffer from this?

I have the Roon remote App on my iPad and iPhone and both lose connection to my Roon Core an awful lot.

The Roon Core is my Mac Mini, connected to my router via LAN cable so can't see this being the problem.

I can be streaming all OK and then go to either phone or iPad to select something different and I just get the 'Lost Connection, trying to reconnect" message:

Sometimes it will resolve itself after 30 seconds or so, sometimes I have to restart the app or even device before it sorts itself.

On the odd occasion I have to restart my Mac Core which is a complete PITA as I run it headless so have to connect a monitor, mouse and keyboard etc.

Anyone know a fix for this?

I'm Grant.

i think there are a few reasons for this happening. i solved one of mine but cant remember if it was exactly same, by doing summat with the ip(was sommat about telling the ap the correct ip ) .. sure Gazjam or such will be able to tell you. Also security programs can cause things like this by shutting down connections. I had an issue with malwarebytes on the web protection.. i switched that bit off and it fixed an issue similar to that as well.
    As i say my memory is foggy on this but see what the guys say or you can contact Roon..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Sounds like to me it might be your wireless connection between your ipad / iPhone "Roon Remote / Roon Core. (That's if your Mac core is LAN wired).

As I don't know the strength of your wireless connection, its a bit difficult to be a bit more definitive.

Perhaps the first option is to remove the wireless connection from both your iPhone/ iPhone.... then reinstall.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

There's a way to input a DNS or IP address to fix this, I'll try and find it as it's was ages ago that I had to do this, I don't use Roon now

I'm Edward.

Some suggestions.

Log into your router and increase the DHCP Lease time to a longer period. I've set mine to 10 days.

Within your router change the IP address for your iPhone and you iPad to fixed or not fixed (basically toggle the settings).

On your iPhone and iPad got to wifi settings and 'Forget' your network and then rejoin to it again (obvs you need the wifi password for this)

Change 'sleep' setting on your iPhone and iPad to a longer period.

Disable any VPN you may be using on your iPhone and iPad.

Disable WiFi assist on your iPhone and iPad if enabled.

Reboot your router.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Edward; 13-01-2021 at 12:55. Reason: addition
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

It happens to my Android phone all the time. The core is on a laptop. Unless I connect teh phone before it goes to screen saver, the phone won't connect. After that it's random. Sometimes it keeps its connection, others it doesn't.
    It's been fine this evening until 15 minutes ago

I'm Mike.

Default Roon Remote App Continually Losing Connection To Core....

Duplicate post
    Last edited by mikeyb; 17-01-2021 at 08:47.

I'm Mike.

when you lose connection to the core click on the 'need help' link on the middle of the cannot connect screen and enter this as the ip address of the Core - 255.255.255.255

That might help, it did for me years ago when I used Roon ( ditched it for Logitech Media Server/Material Skin instead )

use these instructions:

On a remote like a phone or tablet running Android or iOS, when you try and login and cannot connect there will be a screen that shows up and you should see a line which says “Make sure your Roon core is powered on and connected to your network.”

Below that line there is a blue “Help” link. Click that “Help” link and you will have a pop up which allows you to enter the IP of your Roon Core.

That is where you enter

This will need to be done on each remote that has a connection issue.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    when you lose connection to the core click on the 'need help' link on the middle of the cannot connect screen and enter this as the ip address of the Core - 255.255.255.255

That might help, it did for me years ago when I used Roon ( ditched it for Logitech Media Server/Material Skin instead )

use these instructions:

On a remote like a phone or tablet running Android or iOS, when you try and login and cannot connect there will be a screen that shows up and you should see a line which says “Make sure your Roon core is powered on and connected to your network.”

Below that line there is a blue “Help” link. Click that “Help” link and you will have a pop up which allows you to enter the IP of your Roon Core.

That is where you enter

This will need to be done on each remote that has a connection issue.
    Yeah that's the one I used. Couldn't find it anywhere. That fixed mine. Nice find mike
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yeah that's the one I used. Couldn't find it anywhere. That fixed mine. Nice find mike
    Took me ages to remember that lol

Eventually remembered the 'Need Help' option and then the 255 sequence came back to me, once I had that I googled that number and found it on Roon Forums, but googling it without that info gave me nothing, which is odd because it's a common issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast