+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Minty-mint (boxed) pair of Koss PRO/4AA. BARGAIN PRICE!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cool FS: Minty-mint (boxed) pair of Koss PRO/4AA. BARGAIN PRICE!

Howdy, guys & gals,

I've currently got three pairs of headphones (which is two more than I really need), so I'm offloading my Koss PRO/4AA, which come in their original box and are in mint condition. Once used in many radio stations and recording studios throughout the world, due to their rugged construction, reliability and superb, natural sound quality.

They've had fairly minimal use, with no damage anywhere whatsoever. Even the ear cushions and foamed headband support show no signs of wear or damage, and they're also spotlessly clean, having been very well cared for (that's just how I am with all my stuff) and used in a clean, non-smoking environment.

They're easy to drive and sound superb, with excellent detail and clarity through the mid and top end, low distortion, and a nicely firm, tuneful and extended bass. If like me, you like 'cans' with a punchy sound/tight bass, rather than producing an uncouth, boomy, bass-driven noise, and which does justice to all forms of music, then you'll LOVE these!

Furthermore, they also block out noise from the surrounding environment like no other headphones I've used, to the extent that with them on [and no music signal present] you'll struggle to hear someone speaking right next to you! Therefore, apart from drowning out the moans from a nagging partner (haha), their incredible noise-cancelling ability cocoons the listener in a veritable 'black space', which has sonic benefits in terms of hearing very deep into musical mixes.

Therefore these are the ideal headphones for monitoring purposes, as well as general music listening. Ok some pics...

As you can see, they're really good as new!

Currently, these sell new for around £150, see here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284061852202

However, in keeping with my usual policy when offloading gear of offering members 'Billy Bargains', and for a quick sale......

£60.00 (plus small cost for shipping, either UK or Worldwide).

Interested parties, either express your interest here or via PM. Cheers, dudes, so grab yourself a veritable headphone bargain!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm peter.

built well and the sound is very good, may have a Koss Life time guarantee , which they used to offer,

Indeed, mate, on both acccounts. Dunno about the Koss thing, but given the type of company they are, it wouldn't surprise me.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

More info from the Koss website:

And a typical review:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D
    They have excellent frequency response. They have great clarity even at high volume. They are durable enough to handle all of the on and off action they get during an air shift. They are comfortable enough to be worn for extended air shifts, 6 hours on air, plus 2 more hours doing commercial production. And the keep the noise out and the volume in.
    Exactly right (on all counts)

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'll take them Marco. PM on its way.
    Barry

Cheers, Bazza. Sold STP

Marco.
    Main System

Now sold

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Dave.

My dream headphone, back in the day but I could never afford them..

+ Reply to Thread