+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Speech ?

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Default Free Speech ?

A very good talk from arguably one of the most intelligent funny men of our time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiqDZlAZygU
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Jeremy.

The guy who got famous by making movies where he doesn't talk? It's funny to quote Obama, who said something good but ultimately was and is anti-free speech.

I'm absolutely without question in favor of free speech. But it's at extreme threat and has been under intense attack in the US. Even if you don't get prosecuted you might get canceled.

To me I believe the websites, especially social media, need to be held to a certain level of free speech as per transactionable with participation. (I can explain that) Basically, it's wrong for them to suppress free speech while benefiting themselves; in the way that no physical business can.

I'm Mike.

Once again an older figure has to show the kids why our basic rights are not to be toyed with. Cancel culture, woke culture, and before that PC culture are all a symptom of these shallow times we live in, we now have a ridiculous generation of 'cry bullies' who want to cancel everything they find offensive, without ever realising that one day someone will come for them, its already happening with feminists and terfs (Google Terfs! - its all a bit Peoples front of Judeah!). Mind you it was happening in my day as a youthful activist - Communist - don't laugh! We tried to tell other lefties about the perils of no platforming but they wouldn't listen, then it was proper racsits/fasicists that were being no platformed, now its JK Rowling, its a slippery slope alright!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Geoff.

They'll all turn on each other eventually. Serve 'em right!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Once again an older figure has to show the kids why our basic rights are not to be toyed with. Cancel culture, woke culture, and before that PC culture are all a symptom of these shallow times we live in, we now have a ridiculous generation of 'cry bullies' who want to cancel everything they find offensive, without ever realising that one day someone will come for them, its already happening with feminists and terfs (Google Terfs! - its all a bit Peoples front of Judeah!).
    True but if it wasn't for their nonsense pissing off normal people so much we would never have got out of the EU, so every cloud has a silver lining.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    True but if it wasn't for their nonsense pissing off normal people so much we would never have got out of the EU, so every cloud has a silver lining.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Sandy.

Has anyone read or heard Jordan Peterson?

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I was more a Black Adder fan to be honest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    The guy who got famous by making movies where he doesn't talk? It's funny to quote Obama, who said something good but ultimately was and is anti-free speech.

I'm absolutely without question in favor of free speech. But it's at extreme threat and has been under intense attack in the US. Even if you don't get prosecuted you might get canceled.

To me I believe the websites, especially social media, need to be held to a certain level of free speech as per transactionable with participation. (I can explain that) Basically, it's wrong for them to suppress free speech while benefiting themselves; in the way that no physical business can.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstysdad View Post
    Yes.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstysdad View Post
    Not read his work but from what I've heard he sounds like an oasis of sense in a desert of madness. That free speech Union is doing some good work too.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast