+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOGMANAY Celebrations!

I'm Pavel.

My other half will have a couple of cocktails, I will have a nice cuppa accompanied by a few bits and nibbles. Maybe we will listen to some mellow jazz and call our relatives on the other side of the world.

New Year celebrations are a huge thing where I'm from, but I've kinda grown tired of this tradition lately.

I'm James.

Pizza, fizz, rum, soon to bed I'm knackered after work
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Mike.

My Spanish girlfriend insists we observe their custom of eating 12 grapes at midnight, I only pretended to last year, really, after a bottle of wine I don't want any more. As much as I absolutely love it, next year I intend to knock drinking on the head, at 50 I'm gonna try and give my body a mid life service! Happy new year to all.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm James.

As much as I absolutely love it, next year I intend to knock drinking on the head, at 50 I'm gonna try and give my body a mid life service! Happy new year to all.[/QUOTE] I've been thinking the very same thing of late, 50yr old too
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Spanish... custom of eating 12 grapes at midnight...
    What’s the thinking behind that?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

We are having a quiet night in. Candle lit dinner a deux, slowly working my way through a 2014 Chateau de Ciffre. Saint Chinian, and will probably watch Jool's Hootenanny on TV.

Slug of whisky to see in the New Year, then bed probably around 1:00 am.

Anyway here's wishing you all a Happy, Peaceful (and very much better) New Year.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

We're sat watching season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale - this nondescript end to a crappy year actually looks like party central when compared to Gilead, so I'm finding it strangely heartening

I'll be hitting my 63rd year in less than two hours, but as the last year was so shit I've written it off and decided to be 62 again... Happy New Year to all at AoS who haven't put me on their 'Ignore' list yet
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Who said that?

Only joking. Happy new year buddy.

I'm Geoff.

Just relaxing quietly with a couple of beers, first alcohol I've touched for months. No point going to bed early, they go mad with fireworks at the slightest excuse around here, so I'm expecting all hell to let loose at midnight. There have been quite a few already.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Just having a quick snack.

Sorry, I mean a ‘substantial meal’.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast